on 3 May 2010
I am a third year geologist at the University of Cambridge and this book is invaluable for the petrology part of my course. It is clear and well-written and an excellent complement to my lecture notes and the papers I have been reading. It is probable that you are looking at this book because you are either interested in geology or are an actual student, so in this case I would say that it is a worthwhile investment of your money. Despite stating that it is an introduction, it goes into sufficient detail to still be useful in the 3rd year of a tough course and I would definitely recommend it.

(Note: This review was partly written to give an honest viewpoint on the book and provide a useful review compared to the off-topic dishonest rating given which could have put off potential readers.)
on 26 November 2012
This book is just what I wanted, as a geology student this book was invaluable. Informative and easy to understand.
on 24 April 2016
This book covers a large amount of information about metamorphism and metamorphic rocks. It is incredibly easy to read considering the depth and complexity of the topics being discussed. Despite the rather bland feel the book has - I have found it to be one of the most interesting books I have read this year.
on 19 May 2015
Such an easy and thorough read of the subject. I would recommend to any student, formal or otherwise.