4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable ending!
I quite enjoyed the predictability of the book but there are a few surprises...I have to say I am a little sad about Eric just disappearing and having little input but understand as to why!
Good ending and will miss my vamp fix from Bon Temps!
X
Published 9 months ago by jojomozz

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing end to the series
'I had a fleeting second of incredulity that there'd ever been a time I hadn't known the extent of the supernatural world. And here I sat in Lucky Bar-B-Q with two witches, two part-demons, a telepath, and a weretiger.'

---My Thoughts---

Since I bought the first Sookie Stackhouse book on a whim, I've been hooked on the series. I read the first few...
Published 13 months ago by Rebecca

‹ Previous | 164 65 6674 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Ending not as I hoped but good book still, 9 May 2013
Yes the ending was not as I hoped, but it was still good and I was happy with it for Sookie's sake. I thought the story was good and it kept me interested throughout. I have read all the books and yes the last few have been more disappointing but still think its a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
would recomend to others. goods as described and prompt delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug 2014
Vvg

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
True Blood will never be the same

4.0 out of 5 stars What's the problem people? SPOILERS AHEAD!, 13 May 2013
It is pretty hard to end a series of books that have been so popular globally, and almost impossible to please everyone. I consider myself to a part of the devoted collection of fans of the book series (including the subsequent television series) and awaited the final book release with a combination of trepidation and eagerness. However, I really enjoyed this final instalment into Sookie's world. Yes, once again she has a line of people wanting to kill her, and an equal line of supernatural's (supes) to help her out of trouble, but that is what I love about Sookie Stackhouse. I especially enjoyed the little snippets of text that Charlaine Harris gave on the enemies and their thoughts, as this made the story even more interesting and tense.

I also believe that it ended perfectly. Seriously, how could Sookie end up with Eric permanently? Don't get me wrong, Eric is a sex on a stick character, however was he a mate for life? NO. He was way too controlling and distant of a character to ever end up with Sookie. I have read every book Charlaine Harris has ever written, and she is excellent at writing about strong, independent women. Sookie Stackhouse is at the top of that list. She would never put up with Eric full term. Of course she was going to end up with Sam. Sam who could offer her a relatively `normal' life, which over the series, you read that this is what she craves. Sam may have been more of an aside character, however he has always been there at the corner of Sookie's world, and many references (mainly in the start of the series) were made to her attraction to Sam, and indeed his huge desire for her. Eric may be the `bit of rough' that women are generally attracted to, however, Eric is not the type of man that women settle down with, and certainly not one that Charlaine Harris should infer we settle for.

I am sad that the series has ended however I understand that it really was the right time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great finale, 9 May 2013
Loved the ending. Satisfying way to tie up load of loose ends without being too neat. And he got the girl!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cherryl, 9 May 2013
Got this book yesterday Had to let others wait,cause I could not wait to start reading Charlaine has not let her readers down again a very involved Story which Kelly me enthralled from start to finish.I had hoped that Skokie would end up with Eric, that was a me wish though.Another triumph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Ever After, 29 Jun 2013
Great read. Very efficient and fast service. Good peries rice. Have read all Sookie Stackhouse Books and this closed the series well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 25 May 2013
S. J. Haywood (Nottinghamshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
I know that this has received a lot very negative, vitriolic and even downright abusive reviews/comments, but I liked it. A lot!
As the title says, I couldn't put it down, and read it in less than 24 hours. It tied up all the loose threads, and although many did not like the way the 13 year saga ended, the ending sat comfortably with.
Don't let all the one star reviews put you off, if you have been a fan of Sookie in novel form, read it and judge for yourself.
A cracking good read!

‹ Previous | 164 65 6674 | Next ›

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13) by Charlaine Harris (Paperback - 14 Nov 2013)