5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest fantasies ever written, 30 May 2014
bob burns aka Batman "Bob" (Luton,Beds or Gotham City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elric: Stormbringer! (Michael Moorcock Collection) (Paperback)
I first read this story in late 1965,my mum had borrowed it from the library and there was something about the title that really grabbed my attention.I read it and was completely drawn into the amazing world of Michael Moorcocks incredible imagination,i bought every fantasy book he wrote and loved them all but Lord Elric!,well,what a character and how well defined was he,not the usual run of the mill hero or antihero,this man was like critical mass in a near human form,a walking nuclear bomb in fact.Now ive re read this awesome tale of tragedy and helplessness I still feel that same sense of wonder that anyone human can write with such brilliant sustained imagination and make it so unbelievably realistic.Im so glad that all his books are available once more,ive bought nearly all of them again and am loving every moment I have to read them once more.This story is truly classic and should be compulsory reading in schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unread (as yet), 18 May 2014
Have given a five star rating because as this is a Moorcock novel I know it will be very good.
So as I do have a backlog of books to read, ask me this same question later in the year!
Will be only too happy to assist further!

Elric: Stormbringer! (Michael Moorcock Collection)
Elric: Stormbringer! (Michael Moorcock Collection) by Michael Moorcock (Paperback - 13 Mar 2014)
8.99