5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
This series keeps coming, each book moving smoothly into the next. One part of me doesn't want them to end but when it happens I hope it's a real humdinger!
This book has Elena finding out why her father is so anti Hunter and it's a revelation. It sees her taking her role as consort to the next level when war is declared on Manhattan's skyline.
New powers evolve...
Published 8 months ago by Debbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing....
When I get a new guild hunter book, I usually read it over and over and over again.

This time, I only read this one twice so far and I am in no rush to read it again. Maybe she will be back on track with the next one.
Published 6 months ago by WYSIWYG42

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 4 Nov 2013
New powers evolve with the start of the cascade for all the cadre, but Elena protects her archangel as his powers rise with an amazing outcome.
Sadly I have finished it so it looks like I have to read the whole series again. Oh Nalini, put us out of our misery and write the short story for Ashwini and her French vampire please!

5.0 out of 5 stars This series gets better and better!!, 3 Nov 2013
OMG! first of all let me make it clear that I love this universe and all the characters, the Good (Elena and the Guild Hunters)the Bad (Ass)(The Angels and Vamps) and even the Ugly (Jeffrey. Elena's disapproving and estranged Daddy) and as such I have been looking forward to this book since Nalini announced this on her blog 18 months ago, and I am happy to to say it did NOT Disappoint in ANY WAY!

Archangel's Legion continues with the theme that things are changing, and not always for the good. It starts with the 'Falling' which initially is thought to be a dark rolling thunder cloud, but turns out to be birds dropping from the sky, followed closely by Angels falling to earth. This sets up the tension as what the 'cascade' will bring next and also to which other Archangel wields such power that they covet Raphael's territory by making subtle and not so subtle threats against Raphael and his Consort Elena. It's not only Angels at risk, but the Vampire's are being devastated by a disease..

Raphael and Elena race against time to prevent utter destruction within their hold, and whilst this is all happening, Raphael finds himself having strange dreams, and dealing with anger and a personality shift which frightens his beloved Elena.

Nalini is a master at weaving stories that keep the reading engaged and guessing as to what will happen next, she makes you care about the all the characters, old and new and also she has the very clever knack of making you re-look at someone behaviour and question what you thought you knew about them and their motives...

All the villains are present and correct, Micheala as narcissistic and insincere as ever and Lejaun the Mad as a Hatter Archangel of China, who now thinks of herself as a living God. Both these women (Archangels) continue to be a thorn to the happy couples side, and as the disasters mount in New York, could they and the other Archangels be in league?

You can see that Elena and Raphael grow with each new book, Elena testing the limits and boundaries of what it means to be a baby Angel, and to have a relationship with the most powerful being in America, and Raphael has gone from being utterly cold and ruthless, devoid of humanity, to someone who is willing to allow the possibility that Elena makes him more human, and he is Okay with that, which ironically is not so Okay with Elena, but if you want to know why then you need to pick up this book and read it.

I cannot wait for the next chapter in this series, and more recently Nalini has announced there will be more books featuring Elena and Raphael as well as the Seven. Oh what can I say about them? We have met the Vampire Dmitiri(Raphael's second in command and best friend) who now is happily married to Honor (but still a total bad ass, the playful but lethal Angel Illium (Elena favourite loveable Bluebell), warrior Angel Galen (mated to Angel Jessemy and is Raphael's Master at Arms,)fragile and broken Warrior Angel Aodhan (a recent transplant to New York from the refuge where he has essentially been hiding after traumatic events hinted in his past), Raphael's Spy Master Angel Jason (who is now living with his beloved Angel Princess Mahiya) The Vampire Venom who can hypnotise with his snake eyes, and is now working alongside Galen in the Angel refuge)and finally the mysterious Vampire Naasir, who we got a fleeting glimpse of in book one, finally makes his appearance in this book, and I for one can't wait to know more about him as the series continues.

As always when I'm reading a great book, I never want it coming to end, but all good things must..the silver lining is that Nalini is a fast writer so hopefully in another 18 months, I'll be reading the further adventures in the Guildhunter series.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 23 Dec 2013
You really need to read the whole guild hunter series, totally awesome, very well written, brilliant, couldn't put it down. Have read the whole series and can't wait for the next installment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 5 stars *****, 7 Nov 2013
L. Stubbs (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've waited so long for this book and it was well worth the wait :)

The direction these books are taking us keeps you on the edge of your seat. Elena really comes into her own in this book, her love for Raphael is breath taking and her role as consort grows. We also get to delve deeper into the mind of Elena' s father.

I really hope Nalini Singh gets back to concentrating on Elena and Raphael for while, I've not read the previous books with members of the seven as I love our main characters and want to see them develop first but definitely feel like I've missed something by not reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 Jan 2014
I love all the Guild Hunter novels. They are easy to read with interesting characters and storylines. I recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brilliance, 3 Jan 2014
I adore nalini's guild hunter series and this one did not disapoint. I devoured my way through this as it was back to my fave Elena. All the books in this series are awesome but ekena just holds a special place in my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Archangel's at war (book 6), 19 Dec 2013
This series if you haven't read it is set in our world but with Angels and vampires living amongst us. Where territories are ruled by archangels and one of them is Raphael. He's the ultimate bad ass but he's also in love with a human. Elena holds his heart and soul. She is his consort and will protect him with her life (she's also a bad ass when she wants to be).
These two have been evolving throughout the series with Raphael gaining power which will ultimately save him and his people's lives.
With vampires dying and angels falling from the sky Raphael and his warriors are about to come face to face with an archangel who's evil powers can destroy the world. Raphael's fight for freedom causes him to unleash a power even he didn't know he had.
It looks like Nalini's sex scenes are getting a bit spicey which just goes to show angels do it like humans lol apart from when their in flight.
Very well written with plenty of background detail.
If you like the thought of an alpha Angel then I also recommend
Afterlife (Afterlife Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 16 Dec 2013
Laura J. Conlon "LJC" (U,K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel (Paperback)
I loved Archangel's legion, this series goes from strength to strength developing the characters not only of Ellie and Raphael but of characters seen in previous books. I eagerly await the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guild Hunter book 6, 13 Dec 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel (Paperback)
It's no secret that I've become a bit of a Nalini Singh fan girl since I discovered the Guild Hunter series, I'm slowly working my way through her Psy-Changeling books too and really enjoying them but Raphael and Elena will always have a special place in my heart. Because I'm such a huge fan I always have very high expectations when I pick up a new Nalini Singh book and I'm always slightly nervous that I've built the series up so much in my memory that it can't possibly live up to them. Thankfully NS never fails to not just meet but completely surpass my expectations though and with every single book she just makes me love her writing more.

It's been a while since we had a book where Raphael and Elena were the main players and as much as I've enjoyed getting to know some of the other characters in the series I was incredibly excited to go back to my favourites. I adore everything about this couple, the way they have changed and grown together throughout the series has been incredible to watch. They still have their issues but I love that they always put each other first, they are aware of their own insecurities and personal issues, they know each other's triggers and most importantly they are willing to put in the effort needed to make a success of their relationship. They don't always agree with each other but they talk things through and even Raphael has learnt to compromise in certain situations. Elena and Raphael are both so much stronger together than they ever could be apart and their relationship is incredibly swoon worthy. I honestly think I could read 100 different books about them and not get bored!

As if spending time with Raphael and Elena wasn't enough we also get some incredibly poignant moments between Illium and Aodhan, ones that will bring happy tears to your eyes and make you even more desperate to read their stories. I'm also incredibly curious about Naasir after getting to know a bit more about him. All of Raphael's seven have a major part to play in this one along with Elena's fellow Guild Hunters so we get to catch up with a lot of familiar faces - I have no idea how Nalini Singh manages to pack so much into her stories but she does it like an expert. There are some epic fight scenes that are described so well it's almost like watching a movie (boy would I love to see this series on the big screen!) and the action is pretty much non-stop throughout.

I really don't want to say much about the plot because I think you're much better off going in knowing as little as possible to make the most of the experience. What I will say is that Archangel's Legion is a completely and utterly addictive read, it will break your heart, it will make you laugh out loud, you'll be shocked, horrified, angry and upset one minute then ecstatically happy and swooning the next. One thing you won't be able to do is put the book down for a single second so clear your diary before you start reading! This book is a game changer in terms of the series, it opens up so many possibilities that I can't even guess at where Nalini Singh is planning on taking us next but I do know it'll be one hell of an adventure. I think I'd have to say that Archangel's Legion is now my favourite instalment of the series and that's saying something considering how much I've loved the previous books. I honestly can't recommend this series highly enough to paranormal romance and urban fantasy fans, it really is essential reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel (Paperback)
This book is amazing, full of action, love and mystery. I would definitely recommend this book too teenagers and young adults.

Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel
Archangel's Legion: A Guild Hunter Novel by Nalini Singh (Paperback - 31 Oct 2013)
5.59