i always enjoy this series, so i was a little shocked to find the newest had been released, and i hadnt even realised!
Shame on me!!

This one really does focus more on the werewolfs of the books - mainly Gabes pack.
Published 11 months ago by claire

3.0 out of 5 stars vampires and weres and elves stories
I found this a bit confusing at times and while I still enjoyed the story it was not as good as earlier books
Published 12 months ago by marion musgrove

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mainly for Die hard fans to continue the story - but good to see a different species as the main storyline, 16 May 2014
Shame on me!!

At the end of the previous book, the police were at Ethans door at Cadogan to bring him in - but let slip that if he wasnt there he couldnt issue that, could he?
So we begin with this book with Ethan and Merit being hidden at the Breckenridge estate - well not in the actual mansion, as the were's were NOT impressed to find vamps there - especially as it was they yearly gathering for them.

At this gathering, they were attacked by harpies - which dont exist - and while Merit and Ethan were just as shocked as the were's and fought along side them - they were the prime suspects.

Cue AGAIN that Merit, Ethan, Mallory et al have the mystery to solve - kinda sucks to be them when theres a mystery in town as it seems to always fall to them - it would be nice to see a little more action from the other vamps in the area.

Merit owes a GP a favour....who pulls it in as a request to ask Ethan to become the Head of the GP. This leaves Merit with a lot of internal battles - personal and business.

The book has continuing storylines from previous books which is great. Im interested to see where they head, particular the baby that Gabe sees with Merit.

A little side note, this HAS to be read in order of the series, as a lot of it wont make sense, and if im honest the book is only for die hard chicagoland Vamps fans - which i happen to be!

Personally, i enjoyed it - as yeah its paranormal, but youre seeing past that and the people they are - no matter what species.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicagoland Vampires book 9, 15 Feb. 2015
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wild Things: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series) (Paperback)
They may have a temporary reprieve from the GP but Merit and her friends are facing a terrifying new enemy, one with a huge amount of power who is capable of wielding an old kind of magic that they don't know how to counter. This new enemy seems to be targeting different supernatural groups starting with the North American Central Pack shapeshifters but who knows where they'll strike next. Merit, Ethan, Mallory and Catcher are visiting the Pack when the attack comes and quickly come under suspicion from some of the pack members so they agree to investigate to prove their innocence. It's not long before they realise they might be in over their heads though and they've stumbled upon a much deeper plot than they could have imagined.

I'm such a huge fan of this series and I devour each of the books within a day because I never want to put them down. It is always so easy to dive back into the Chicagoland Vampires world that even if I've taken a fairly long break between books I never seem to have trouble picking up where I left off without feeling even slightly confused. It's great to see how far Merit has come in such a short period of time, she has really grown in confidence and has become an incredibly skilled fighter who thinks nothing of putting her life on the line to protect the people she cares about. She's finally in a good place when it comes to her relationship with Ethan too, they've had a rocky road but they've come through the other side stronger than ever (although I have to say I think they're going to have a few new challenges ahead considering some of the things that happen towards the end of this story). I am desperate to know more about Gabe's prophecy too as I think that will add a really interesting element to the story.

One of the things I love so much about this series is the fantastic side characters, there are so many that I enjoy spending time with and we get to see a lot more of Jeff, Mallory, Catcher and even Merit's Grandfather in this instalment. We're also introduced to a couple of great new shapeshifters Damien and Emma who I am really hoping we'll see a lot more of in future books (can we please, please have a novella that's all about them Chloe?) because they were both brilliant. Oh and as if Chicago wasn't full of enough supernatural creatures already we discover a whole new species here which was a great surprise. I love the depth of this world and the fact that even though we're now 9 books into the series we're still learning new things.

Picking up any of these books is like meeting up with old friends and I always have a smile on my face the whole time I'm reading them. There are so many things I love about these books and I was actually so caught up in this story that I've already read the next book, Blood Games (my review will be posted very soon). All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have long to wait for Dark Debt because the series really is going from strength to strength and there are a lot of interesting things happening right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing series, 1 May 2014
read all the books currently available in this series they are fun and witty. i can not wait for the next installment

3.0 out of 5 stars vampires and weres and elves stories, 1 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better, 26 Feb. 2015
I found the first books difficult too read but l loved the storyline so I stuck with them. I'm so glad I did. The plots now flow well, the characters are now fixed and now you can understand the relationships which are growing as the storyline a mature. I can not wait to read the next one and the next which I have pre ordered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicagoland vampires, 7 July 2014
I loved this whole series & would recommend it x

5.0 out of 5 stars love you merit but ethan is MINE, 2 July 2014
i have nothing else to say but this 'ETHAN I LOVE YOU MARRY ME I'M FROM THE ETHAN SULLIVAN FAN CLUB'
*COMPOSES HERSELF AND WALKS AWAY WITH ETHAN IN ARMS*

5.0 out of 5 stars Always enjoyable, 3 Jun. 2014
Chose the rating because it kept my attention . Would recommend to all. Nothing i didn't like about it brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars this series keeps going from strength to strength, 19 April 2014
An enjoyable story featuring many different types of sups. There is clearly still lots to come and I can't wait!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, 20 Mar. 2014
Really like the series! This book was good but a little bit the 'same' as others!! Still looking forward to next book though!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Wild Things: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series)