4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment
This book was my introduction to Brandon Sanderson, and I would strongly recommend it. The book is well-paced, well-planned with sufficient twists to the narrative to keep you uncertain as to precisely what's been happening until the final few pages. The writing style is crisp and evocative: I found it easy to imagine the steel-city of Newcago, stratified into tiers and...
Published 10 months ago by GreyMonarch

3.0 out of 5 stars I did enjoy Steelheart, it sets scene perfectly for the next ...
This is the first Brandon Sanderson book I have read and not a book I would normally choose as I don't read much in this genre. I did enjoy Steelheart, it sets scene perfectly for the next Reckoners adventure. The characters are all interesting and well thought out and the plot moves along very quickly with plenty of action. I would recommened this book to anyone who just...
Published 9 months ago by Ms. J. Manders

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brandon Sanderson does it again, 18 Dec. 2013
I was very happy with this read. Such an original idea for a book. It wasn't an overly dark book and it had plenty of twists and turns in it. In general I would recommend this to any young reader as it makes you laugh once in a while and sparks the imagination. Good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steelheart, 17 Dec. 2013
Another decent book from Mr Sanderson. Nothing in my view like mistborn, which I enjoyed far more. Not much depth to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Dec. 2013
Typical Sanderson as he creates a fantastic immersive world you cannot resist, with great characters and a great pace to the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard sanderson, 15 Dec. 2013
As with all Brandons books, once i start reading i cant stop! He has created yet another excellent world with exciting plots and characters,twists and turns and plenty scope for more books to follow, looking forward to the next book in the epic adventure!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this, 9 Dec. 2013
another good story from Brandon Sanderson, loved the story line, good characters, and another book to follow cant wait, the settings for the story are very interesting

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent read!, 6 Dec. 2013
The best thing I liked about this was the concept. What would it be like to have real superheroes? A fascinating idea, well written. but not perfectly written, I have to say - the characterisation, the pacing - could have been better. I didn't really like the way the protagonist always knows the answers and is always right all the time. I think, with a bit more experience, Sanderson could have written a great book instead of just a good one. Still, I enjoyed reading it and rereading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steely, 29 Nov. 2013
I liked the premise of this book and am a big fan of Brandon Sanderson, however, this is clearly aimed at a younger audience. All credit to the author for the ability to change style and system but not a page turner for me. Readable ,but choose something else by Brandon Sanderson if this is your first foray into his worlds.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was glued, 27 Nov. 2013
A brilliant story and though provoking writing, you wonder and wonder along with the intense action and then It all makes sense. Amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 24 Nov. 2013
Whilst not the sword and sorcery that might be expected this is still a great read. Hard to put down and a must for all fans of the authors work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Nov. 2013
Simple but addictive read, although it feels like a kids book it kept me interested. For thoughts who have read it, it was "epic" huh huh huh.....

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

Steelheart (Steelheart 1)
Steelheart (Steelheart 1) by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover - 26 Sept. 2013)
Used & New from: £24.80