5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant.
There is a vipers nest at Stonewylde ready and poised to strike at the heart of the Community and strike it does but not randomly.

Published on 6 Nov 2012 by Pyewacket

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
I have read all the Stoneywide books, and enjoyed them all. But as is usual with sequels that go on and one, its time it was put to rest, this last book wasn't as good as the others had been.
Published 12 months ago by shadowspirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant., 6 Nov 2012
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The Community starts to break down with petty quarrels here and there and a betrayal of all betrayals. Stonewylde is now nearly bankrupt, the people are restless and some of them wish to go back to the old ways i.e., the Hallfolk living at the house and the villagers kept 'down' and in their place. This will never happen whilst Yul, Sylvie, Clip and the rest of the Committee stand firm. There is a'mole' at Stonewylde however who has been feeding information to someone on the 'outside' and soon a old Hallfolk girl turns up at Stonewylde..........Rainbow!

Leveret has been forgiven and now lives with Clip in his tower, learning all she can from him until he leaves at Samhain. She is still bothered by Jay though, but being with Magpie so much he leaves her alone.

This really is a rollercoaster of a read taking you through a whole gamut of emotions............happiness, sadness, anger and hatred. I freely admit that I cried reading a couple of chapters.

However, the wheel of the Pagan years turns and death and life will always have their part to play because what is one without the other?

I'm sad that this is the last book but like the sacred Pentacle it must end on the number 5.

I am a practising Witch and couldn't find a single fault with this book. Kit has done her research well and I applaud her for that.

I highly recommend this book to Pagans and non Pagans alike as there is something for everyone in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark days at Stonewylde, 4 Jun 2013
Andy Angel (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
So, we reach the end of the Stonewylde story - and what a way to finish this wonderful story.

These are dark times indeed. The spirit of Magus is still around, waiting for the chance to pounce, several old faces try to return and some want a return to the Hallfolk/ Villagers way of living. Yul and Sylvie are still struggling with their relationship problems - every time they seem close to working things out something else drives them apart.

The story, as ever is very involving and beautifully told. Kit Berry paints a vivid picture that makes the people and places of Stonewylde come to life - and that, for me, was the problem with this book - I kept putting it down because I didn't want to get to the end, knowing that this is the last book ever in the series.

But, eventually I bit the bullet and finished it. I was astounded, amazed, saddened and stunned. The last section of this book may well be the most wonderfully written and moving end I have ever read - after finishing the last page I think I just sat for 10 minutes or so trying to take in what had just happened.

Bravo Ms. Berry, you've done a wonderful job. The gates of Stonewylde may now be closed but I will be going back to these books for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing series, 8 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed the four earlier books, which I read over a period of about three weeks, and then patiently waited for the final instalment. Having pre-ordered it, it arrived on the day of publication and I started to read it that evening. I was immediately hooked and read half of it before I went to bed. I was delighted to see that things were beginning to sort themselves out in Stonewylde, and put the book down for the night, anticipating a fairly standard 'happy ending'. What a surprise, then, when I continued reading the following evening! The ending was very emotional, and very in keeping with the spiritual side of the series.
I will now be watching for Kit's next book, although I can't imagine how she is going to follow such a complete and satisfying series.

5.0 out of 5 stars nikki the hare, 13 Nov 2012
The final book was a joyous and sad day when it arrived,sad as it marked the end of the stories that have captured our imagination made us fall in love and hate such well written characters and scenery,joyous as its like going to visit old friends so well written that you feel like your in the story watching the characters you have got to know so well.the final book does not disappoint,taking us on a ride of emotions. its a book that you will not want to put down ...just one more page..one more chapter. The journeys end. there's not many storys you can re-read and not get bored with,but with kit berrys book's you can start from the beginning again and find things within the books you hadn't seen before.these are books you will never want to part with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the 'Stonewylde Effect' for the Final Time.....and be Blown Away, 17 Oct 2012
The wait for this book, the final part of the series of five books ('Five, Always Five.....if you're a Stonewylder, you'll know the significance of this!) has been a long one. Since book four was launched, in August 2011, the unanswered questions have hung in the air, the other books in the series have been read again and then re-read, plots have been discussed and the days to publication of book five, Shaman of Stonewylde, have been counted down.
I obviously don't want to reveal anything of the plot, so all I will say is that in this book the author, the wonderful Kit Berry, takes her readers on a rollercoaster ride of emotions across the pages, as the story that begun with Magus ends with Shaman. The plot twists and turns and twists again and frankly I couldn't put it down: I started it at about 8pm last night and finished it at 3am this morning.
All I will say is, make sure you have a box of tissues handy throughout and be prepared to be shocked.
Yet again, Kit manages to convey her story in a way that makes it accessible to Pagans and non Pagans alike: from my perspective, a Pagan one, certain parts of the story made my skin tingle. Once again it was as if I was standing there, within the grounds of Stonewylde, a bystander not a reader.....I was there in that stone circle, on that hill, in those woods,.......it was evocative and very, very real.
However, now that I have read it, I am struggling with adequately putting into words how closing the final page in this series has made me feel.....because its simply stunning. I know that this book, like the other four, will be read and re-read time and time again and each time I will find something new, something that I somehow missed before, different layers that wait for the reader to discover them. These are not simply books, they are a phenomenon.
All that is left for me to say is, thank you Kit for the gift of Stonewylde.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Stonewylde books, 12 Dec 2013
Brilliant books - hard to put down and inspirational - I have now started walking in the local forestry and appreciating nature even more, Thankyou Kit Berry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading., 23 Oct 2013
I came across the Stonewylde books while browsing for something to read and decided to try book one.The author says they are
aimed at young adults although older people are liking them as well.To this I fully agree.Although there are five stand alone books
in the series it is in effect one long story so to me it is better to review it as such. So get hooked on book one and keep going.You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, gripping, finale to the series, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde: Book 5) (Paperback)
Kit Berry has created a world I would love to experience firsthand. The books were all engrossing, gripping and superbly detailed with a strong narrative weaving through the series. I feel quite bereft now I have finished them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaman of stonwylde, 31 May 2014
Could not put this book down,but didn't want to finish it,books got better and better. To kit Berry thank you for taking me on the journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars It could change your life!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde: Book 5) (Paperback)
I can't begin to tell you how good the Stonewylde series of books are. I have devoured every single one - and been completely unable to put each book down once I started reading them. I was fortunate enough to meet the aurthor once at a book signing, and she couldn't have been a nicer person too. Move over J.K. it's Kit's turn to shine!

Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde: Book 5)
Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde: Book 5) by Kit Berry (Paperback - 8 Aug 2013)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available