4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable ending!
I quite enjoyed the predictability of the book but there are a few surprises...I have to say I am a little sad about Eric just disappearing and having little input but understand as to why!
Good ending and will miss my vamp fix from Bon Temps!
X
Published 7 months ago by jojomozz

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing end to the series
'I had a fleeting second of incredulity that there'd ever been a time I hadn't known the extent of the supernatural world. And here I sat in Lucky Bar-B-Q with two witches, two part-demons, a telepath, and a weretiger.'

---My Thoughts---

Since I bought the first Sookie Stackhouse book on a whim, I've been hooked on the series. I read the first few...
Published 11 months ago by Rebecca

‹ Previous | 165 66 6772 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 May 2013
Probably not the strongest book in the series but still a page tuner. Would have preferred a bit more passion between sookie and Sam. Or even better more with Eric!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great Read, 20 May 2013
I loved the book the characters grow in depth. My only criticism is that Sookie didn't end up with Eric but ended up with Sam.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice end to a great series, 20 May 2013
This is a good end to a great series- not the end I wanted but still a great book and a joy to read!! If you haven't read this series you have to!!!!! I have been gripped from start to finish!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 generous stars because I am a fan..., 20 May 2013
Mrs. S. Payne (UK) - See all my reviews
I, like many others on here, picked up this book as I am a fan of the series. I don't think that you would really read this unless you are a fan, it really doesn't work as a stand-alone book. Because this book will only be read by existing fans, this means that we all come with a certain level of expectation and that level is generally high as the rest of the series has been so good.
I feel that the reviews on here are quite harsh. Yes, this wasn't the best book ever written and yes, it was slightly dull but to only review it with one star is a bit harsh. I think that because the previous books have been so good, we expect a lot more from Harris.
We pick up from where we left off and a few of the previous characters come back at some point in the story. I felt that the book (although very easy to read) was quite boring, it seemed to me that not a lot really happened and when something big did happen, it was all over in a page and a half. I agree with some other reviewers that said that some of the characters seem to have had a personally transplant, Eric especially. You saw very little of Eric in the book but what you did see seemed like a different person. The introduction of a main character that we had never heard of before (Karin the Slaughterer) was strange. She seemed to play a big part in Eric's life and in this book but we had never met her before.
The storyline was strange and, at times, boring and I am disappointed that Sookie's life ended up so predictably. I liked the book but was disappointed by how predicable it was and how different the characters felt from previous books. I am giving it 3 stars because I am a fan of Harris and I hear that there is one more book and I hope all is redeemed in that last instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Sookie Fans, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13) (Hardcover)
A must for anyone who has read the other Sookie books. Must admit I was a little disappointed with certain parts but I just couldn't not read it. Always a fast read with lots of excitement, I will miss this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable Ending, 10 May 2013
I've loved these books for years, though I fully understand that it's now time for the series to come to a natural end - I just wish it had done it with a few more fireworks!! The end relationship was predictable (oh come on, who honestly didn't think that she'd end up with Sam after the last book?)for me it lacked passion, and even love - I felt a tad cheated. There was much more chemistry between them in the earlier books. The story was also weak and drawn-out and could have been much more thrilling - throughout the whole middle part of the book I just felt that Sookie was sitting around her house waiting for all the loose ends to be tied up for her by all her many wonderful friends.

However - if you've followed the series so far, it's a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hm..., 7 May 2013
I can see why people are upset by the ending, as when there are multiple love interests, there is always going to be somebody who is disappointed.

For myself, it was exactly the ending I wanted, and expected. Perhaps it was because I wanted this ending that I noticed, but I picked up on the small hints throughout the series that this would be the ending in mind. I feel it is perfect for Sookie as a character, it makes sense, more than the other possible choices.
(Trying not to be too spoiler-y in my review!)

I bought this at midnight when it was released, and read it in one sitting through to about 3 o'clock in the morning.

The only thing that let me down in this one was it felt a little unfinished in the end, but then again I do like everything wrapped up in a neat little bow!

I understand everyone has their own opinions, but I think 1 star is a bit harsh :/

4.0 out of 5 stars Dead ever after, 12 May 2013
It was a good story tidying all the loose ends, Sookie sensibly taking the new relationship steady. She is surrounded by friends and her future is secure thanks to Nialls. I thought the new area five sherif was an excellent choice which also secured a good and long friendship for Sookie. I do think there could be more books in this series after spending so much time building up all the characters and different packs as friendships are important. As Sookie never wanted to be a vampire it really was the only way to go she can now have a baby of her own with her new lover.

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice ending, 12 May 2013
I know a lot of people are disappointed that this book ended the way it did, but I think it's fitting and I'm glad so okie is happy. I'm just sad I won't be reading any more of her adventures.

‹ Previous | 165 66 6772 | Next ›

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - 7 May 2013)
9.50