4.0 out of 5 stars So near the end....
I excitedly pre-ordered the 12th Sookie Stackhouse and couldn't wait to recieve it, and I finished it on the same day as I was so eager to see what happened to Sookie and her collection of friends and lovers!

I wasn't disappointed although you could tell there was a lot of wrapping up of more minor characters that appear in the stories, but aren't overly...
Published on 3 May 2012 by RBF

3.0 out of 5 stars Like an aero chocolate bar
So I have read it in less than a day, which implies that there is at least some galvinising prompt to keep turning the pages - However, I am left feeling strangely unsatisfied.

It is as if I have bought myself a family sized aero and because I left it out in the sun it has melted to half it's size, frankly a bit of a disappointment.

The frustrating...
Published on 1 May 2012 by MsNorthman

‹ Previous | 128 29 30 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it very much, 7 May 2012
Hamstead (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this for my Kindle and I read it in a day. I think this stands well with the rest of the Sookie Oeuvre. It's not the strongest in the series and takes a while to get going - there's a lot of unnecessary waffle at the start, (bulking up the wordcount?) but once the author gets into her stride, then it's vintage Stackhouse all the way and enjoyed the revisiting Bon Temps. I'd rate it four and a half stars but have rounded it up to 5. I don't know which way the last book is going to go, and I'm eagerly waiting to find out.
It has been interesting seeing all the outraged one star reviews about the price of the book on the Kindle. I take it that if you want it in a certain format then be prepared to pay for it. After all, you've bought a Kindle in the first place and it probably didn't cost more than a couple of quid to make but you paid Amazon getting on for 100 for it I don't see anyone moaning about that end of the profiteering. You can't get a meal out for a tenner these days. A book, whatever the format is still brilliant value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Set up for final book, 6 May 2012
I felt like Charlaine Harris was rushing to tie up lose ends for the final book, so a bit disappointing. I hope that she hasn't set Sookie up for marriage with Sam and babies. That would surely be a let down, to have Sookie conform at the last chapter. Having said that, I still enjoyed the read, although a bit humourless for a Sookie Stackhouse novel. Her relationships with the vamps was very wishy washy this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait till it's reduced!, 5 May 2012
Like the other readers, I devoured this in hours so it's not all bad but the impetus to read is partly due to the hope that something will happen! The plot is very superficial and unfulfilling. This is a bit like book 10 - it's a filler. Eric and Sookie's relationship is conveniently and not very believably evaded by Harris who will return to developing it another stage. Frankly, with all the Supes' problems, Sookie's hectic and non-hectic schedule and her life constantly being in danger, I find it hard to believe she ever leaves her house. Aside from a couple of moments of true stupidity which were totally hard to believe (how is it that Sookie no longer reads people's minds whether she wants to or not anymore?) Despite this, it's typical Sookie and fans will read it regardless. If you're a sort-of-fan, maybe wait till it's cheaper or get it from the library.

3.0 out of 5 stars where was the humor?, 4 May 2012
i love, love, love this series of books, but this one just didnt do it for me. eric is no longer humorous ditto pam - what a shame. it took me three days to read - i normally devour sookie books in as many hours...

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts with Hooligans, 1 May 2012
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This starts with a background of Sookie Stackhouses' friends and potential foes. Ladies' night at Sam Merlotte's Hooligan's bar with male strippers sets the tone. The characters are introduced in file-like fashion. The standard human, fairy, werewolf, vampire players plus their hybrid origins permeate the book. The main developments surround romantic attachments (Eric and Sookie) but also the disappearance of Victor, vampire regent,and the death of Kym Rowe blood-sucked by Eric and accused by girl Sookie who feels cheated. Despite warnings from vampire Bill, Sookie piles in with king Vampire Felipe to try and smooth things over. The ramifications are fairly predictable as are the involvement with other characters.More development of these would have been appreciated without repetition.
I found the book fairly predictable but readable and engaging despite any real suspense or horror given the subject background. An excellent read.

1.0 out of 5 stars !! Disgraceful pricing !!, 3 May 2012
I only feel sorry for such a good seller as Amazon that they have to bear the brunt our our disgust even though they obviously go out of their way to try and prevent this sort of appalling behaviour.

How can the Author and her Publishers possibly think it is acceptable to charge nearly 1.50 more for the electronic version than the large paperback!!! So it costs that much more to Not get it printed, Not get it transported to the sellers, Not get it stored in vast warehouses and Not get it picked out, posted and delivered to your door. Just on an environmental level their behaviour is lamentable!

I'm afraid that we need to show these seriously greedy people that we can, and WILL, vote with our feet and leave this book where it rightly belongs....un-bought!

To all that are considering buying this book Please, Please, Please Don't! Let everyone show the Author and the Publisher that we will not stand for such outrageous and vile profiteering. Particularly as it is far, far, far from her best.

Disgusted long-time devotee of Epsom.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye Sookie, 3 May 2012
I too will not be buying this book on Kindle.I would rather wait until it comes out in paperback. I think the publisher is getting greedy. With all the hype from the TV show, people now know about this series therefore the publisher feels people will pay anything for their fix. Well not me. After the last book which I thought was a filler I'm just not prepared to be ripped of any more. So for now it's bye bye Sookie

3.0 out of 5 stars total let down, 5 May 2012
DISAPPOINTED i love sookie but a long love story just for her to end up with SAM
i want her to be with ERIC he is a good guy and trully loves her but his hands are tied
so many characters have been and gone some i,ve disliked some i love but still a very long love story SOOKIE AND SAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 4 May 2012
absolutly amazing book, a must read, the whole series gets better as it goes on pure genius! if you havnt read the series id strongly suggest buying them all, they are fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 2 May 2012
It reminded me the first books in the series. Well written. Closes several stories and prepares us for the end of the series (book 13). I personally wish that Sookie does not end with Sam because it would be the most predictable. Anyway, well done Mrs. Harris!

‹ Previous | 128 29 30 | Next ›

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) by Charlaine Harris (Paperback - 26 Mar 2013)
6.95