4.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Pleasure to enjoy so much
Whilst to some Robert J Sawyer burst onto the scene with Flash Forward, he's has been a pretty close kept secret by readers of Science Fiction as an author of not only incite but one with a unique twist and flavour on the possible future that he sees. This is perhaps no more prevalent than in his World Wide Web series, of which this is the third concluding part...
Published on 17 May 2011 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

2.0 out of 5 stars A deeply disappointing end to what had been a superb effort
This book which I have been waiting for impatiently after its two predecessors was a severe disappointment.

Published on 30 Oct. 2011 by Dick Pearson

4.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Pleasure to enjoy so much, 17 May 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wonder (Paperback)

What unfurls within is a story of hope, a tale of discovery and perhaps best of all a novel of character growth and development. Add to this Roberts pretty unique and identifyable writing style, great prose and a pacey use of story arc that made this not only satisfying but a tale that was hard to put down. All in, this title was not only a wonderful conclusion to this series but one that readers deserved as all too often many end up with the apocalyptic ending which not only depresses but really doesn't allow the reader to gain anything from it and when you add a clever look at how we're developing technologically which really brings to mind a reworking of a statement utilised by Dr Ian Malcom in Jurassic Park which would be "God creates technology, God destroys technology. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates technology..."

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A story of our time, 30 Sept. 2011
Soleira Green (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder (Paperback)
Wonder is brilliant from beginning to end. It's a story of our times ... where the internet births a sentient consciousness called Webmind whose goal is to increase the net happiness of humanity. It's everything I would want a birth of consciousness to be. It represents our time brilliantly as crowd sourcing becomes a beautiful collaborative way of creating the world anew. Go Robert Sawyer! You ROCK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder, 14 Mar. 2013
Brian Wootton (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder (Kindle Edition)
Very good final part of this trilogy, a great pity it is unlikely to happen in real life, can recommend reading all 3 parts in order to get the full impact of the whole idea of the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for format differences, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Wonder (Paperback)
Read the first book of the series (Wake) whilst on holiday and was so bowled over I ordered the other 2 books in the trilogy whilst away. When I got home, they were waiting at the PO for me. Excellent work Amazon.

However, a word of warning folks; although "Watch" was the same size/paperback format at the "Wake" I had, "Wonder is a large format paperback, which if you're like me is mighty annoying if you want to stick them on the bookshelf for rereading at some point in the future.

It's all me own fault of course - the size is clearly described in the description, but in my eagerness... I wouldn't be so aggrieved if this was the first time I'd missed this particular annoyance of the publishing world. So be warned by my mistake.

I am however looking forward to reading the book and will write a review when I have done so.

2.0 out of 5 stars A deeply disappointing end to what had been a superb effort, 30 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Wonder (Paperback)

I enjoyed it well enough and Robert Sawyers story carried on in the vein it started - strengths and weaknesses as before. However, he gave in to letting his beliefs (which many will see as prejudices) interfere with the storytelling. Much of the book is taken up with a polemic extolling the virtues of what can only be described as a 1960s view of a 'good society'.

I suspect that most people no longer have such a rosy Rousseauesque view of the inherent goodness of man, and subscribe to a more Hobbesian view of the world. Mind you this is my prejudices coming out as well.

Wonder
Wonder by Robert J. Sawyer (Paperback - 12 April 2012)