4.0 out of 5 stars Philip K. Omnibus, 16 Nov 2009
This review is from: Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
Five great books in one large volume, great value for money, but not recommended for commuter reading. An ideal introduction for the first time K. Dick reader containing some of his best known stories several of which has since made it to the big screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 STIGMATA, 8 Aug 2005
By A Customer
Having just completed the Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch I feel overwhelmed and horrified by the ability of Philip K. Dick to portray alien possession by means of a hallucinatory drug chew z. Although the alien takeover idea has been tackled a few times ( Invasion of the body snatchers etc.) never has it been done by way of a drug.
There have been many examples since the publication of the book of physical takeover and possession by alien or foreign organism. For example Greg Bear's Blood Music, films -The Fly and Videodrome. The Matrix in particular dealt with the concept the other way round - repossession after take over.
However it is the actual hallucinations, the horror of full awareness of being possessed that is my favourite part of the book. Also the author's ability to deal with the concept in a very mundane everyday sort of way is what fascinates me.
Anybody who likes this book should try Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon, the Carlucci trilogy by Richard Paul Russo, and Alistair Reynolds Revelation Space.
The book succeeds on both the level of Sci Fi and Horror and those prone to bad dreams, mental illness and instability should keep away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philip K Dick 5 novel anthology, 4 Dec 2011
Mr. J. P. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
This is a superb collection of 5 of Philip K. Dick's better known novels. It's a great way to get a snapshot of his work. It's is a little bulky, but offers great value to anyone who wants to read some of the best sci-fi which, in my opinion, has been written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Collection at this price!, 29 Nov 2011
Kakouris Spyridon (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
Five great and most importanty, characteristic of the work of Philip K.Dick, novels indeed! All in a nicely packed grand volume. A must have at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and intro to PKD, 30 Dec 2009
Mr. S. Burgess "Steve" (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
I was keen to have a go at PKD and this includes 5 of his best regarded books. Whilst I was expecting a great deal from Ubik, my personal favourite was 3 Stigmata (not one I'd heard of before) which blew me away with its bleak vision of a future without chemically induced emotions. Overall, great value and a great place to start. You will be amazed by Dick's brilliant and unruly mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky groovy reading, 26 Oct 2013
Stephen Tymruk "mr.steff the accordion" (Falmouth, Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
A great compilation of Mr. Dick's finest works. Utterly absorbing and a wonderful vehicle (I found) for stress relief and escape during difficult times. Don't let the bastards get you down - read this instead

5.0 out of 5 stars chock full of the weird and wonderful classics of philip k dick, 29 Sep 2013
This book is full from cover to cover of sci fi stories which make you think, sci fi stories which have stood the test of time and influence real decisions and real people. He was a visionary, and this book shows why.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Sci Fi, 1 Jun 2005
What more can I say? PKD invented modern science fiction in my book. And here are 5 of his best stories. Yes, the Bladerunner one is there, and so is A Scanner Darkly, which is better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete, 28 Nov 2010
JHvW "JHvW" (Pays Bas, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
I'll be honest, I have yet to read four of the five novels in this book. I bought the book because I wanted to read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" again (on which Blade Runner is based). The other novels I will read when I have time (something which I have very little of). Philip K. Dick is one of the great science fiction writers. I am sure that the other novels will be very good. The novel I read was brilliant (so perhaps my rating is a little low).

ARRAY(0xaf2bb84c)

Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Five Great Novels (GOLLANCZ S.F.) by Philip K. Dick (Paperback - 25 Sep 2008)
15.19