5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Kitty story
Published on 9 Jan 2008 by Helen Hancox

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointment after the last book
I finished this last night since I was up later than planned so I was able to finish this off. I listened to the audio version and I did listen to most of it yesterday but I found I was a little distracted or it didn't grab me as much as the last one, or maybe it's Kitty overload or something. A generous 3 stars. Review written 12march10
Published on 27 Mar 2010 by Green Book Addict Librarian

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Kitty story, 9 Jan 2008
Helen Hancox "Auntie Helen" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is the fourth in Carrie Vaughn's series about Kitty Norville, the midnight DJ and Werewolf. Each of the previous stories has approached Kitty's story in a different way and this book was no exception. In this story Kitty finds herself returning to Denver because of her mother's illness and yet walking slap bang into the middle of a serious power struggle. Kitty and Ben, her lover and pack member, find themselves having to choose sides and becoming involved against their better instincts. It's always an enjoyable read with Kitty continuing to be a sympathetic character and Ben becoming more reliable and stronger on his own terms.

This book focuses more on the vampire world, particularly with regard to Rick who we met in previous books. As the action returns to Denver we meet some of the characters from the first book including Arturo, Carl and Meg. The only disappointment is that Cormac doesn't have a significant role to play in this book - rather difficult when he is in prison, but still a shame.

This book doesn't delve too deeply into Kitty's psyche and her relationship with Ben isn't particularly studied either. It's hard to tell why they are together and both characters also seem to wonder this in the book, but they clearly make a good team. The darker side of the Werewolf/Vampire life is included in this book with more murders and gore and a surprisingly open-minded policewoman has quite a significant role in this story.

Those who enjoyed the other books will like this one. New readers will probably understand it and like it, too, but I think it does help to read them in order. I'm interested as to which direction the author plans to go in for the next book as this one did appear to finish at a fairly good spot, although the loose ends of Cormac weren't wrapped up, but so far Carrie Vaughn has pulled great stories out of the hat, each of which goes in a different direction, so I suspect she can do it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great episode featuring Kitty, 24 Dec 2007
Kitty is back presenting The Midnight Hour. Cormac is in jail, but Ben and Kitty have formed a "pack of two". Kitty now has a partner who understands her needs. Her life should be great. But when Kitty gets a call from Denver, she goes racing back home to be with her sick mother, and plans to keep a low profile. The pack she ran away from is still there, and still mad at Kitty, and problems are brewing in the Denver vampire community. Kitty, although she wants to stay neutral, just can't help getting involved. And when one of America's biggest celebrities comes out of the vampire closet, Kitty becomes the centre of attention.

Carrie Vaughn has written another great tale. Kitty and the Silver Bullet is a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty and the Silver Bullet, 4 Jan 2011
AngelGoneMad "Naomi" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville 4) (Paperback)
Kitty and the Silver Bullet is the fourth instalment in the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn. If you like action and romance then this is the book for you.

Kitty is just your average DJ that wants to make something of herself and just happens to be a werewolf. The last part makes life rather difficult, especially when she wants to return home to tend to her sick mother. The Denver pack banished her when they killed her best friend T.J a year ago but some things are worth fighting for.

There were so many things that I loved about this book that I couldn't possibly mention them all but I will tell you a couple. I loved how Kitty and Ben are now so at ease with one another now that they have established a sort of routine within their own little pack. Kitty starts to question how much of the emotions that Ben and she feel for one another; whether it's just the pack bond or whether it's something deeper. I for one am very happy that this issue was brought up as it shows character development between the two, it's just not a case of them being thrown together because they are pack and that's that, they really look into themselves and talk with one another to establish exactly what their relationship is based on. Albeit, the conversation is slow in coming around but they get there in the end.

Another thing I loved about this book was the fact that Kitty isn't going to take anything lying down. Sometimes I think she looks for the easy life, like leaving Denver and cruising around the country, avoiding the pack that banished her. But I am so happy that she came back and was trying to make a go of it.

Overall, I have really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole so far and I can't wait to read more. I want to know what Kitty does next. I can't really list the questions I would like answers to as they will give away what has happened in this book. I would recommend this book and the series to anyone that enjoys a good action novel with romance and a touch of smut thrown in.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good again, but...., 10 Jun 2012
The Demon Librarian (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I thoroughly enjoyed the last book, Kitty Takes a Holiday, with the caveat that although all the shocks and twists entertained me, I didn't actually like one of the plot developments. So I decided to go straight to the next book to see if it was just a temporary place holder, or something more permanent.

Well, it's permanent, and not something I can easily accept. I think Carrie Vaughn has made an epic mistake with her characters. She set up one potential plot line beautifully, then turned you in a completely new direction, with no set up whatsoever, so as a reader you're just like 'you're kidding, right? I mean, seriously, not really. Say it ain't so!'. So much so, that I did what I almost never do, which is to peek ahead at reviews to see how long it lasts. And unfortunately it looks like it's as permanent and permanent gets. So I have actually made the decision at this point not to read any further, which is really sad considering I gave the first four books 4 and 5 star ratings. I just don't think it's good for my health or sanity to read something that's going to annoy me from here on out.

I'm sorry this review is all so very vague. People that have read it will know to what I refer (I hope). And I would never spoil it for those that haven't. Or maybe it just doesn't bother anyone else. Who can say?

But for me, for the moment at least, it's goodbye Kitty. *sadface*

4 Stars! ''''

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitty And The Silver Bullet., 8 May 2012
Back on form after the last book that though still good was slightly less so than the previous two books.

Part four in the series, what I loved about this book was that, 'typical' werewolf stuff aside, as well as seeing the human side of the characters we also get to see the, well, not so human side, which equally deals with the problems/difficulties encountered by some 'regular' people ..... politics, power struggles, domestic abuse, gang warfare, rivalry, insecurities, it's all here.

Concentrating more on Kitty's (human) family and the vampires than the previous books, it also made for good reading in that we got to see the darker side of some of the characters. Then of course we got to see more of Detective Hardin, a woman charged with starting a specialist unit set up to deal with the supernaturals of Denver, she provides some wonderfully humorous light relief.

The best bit of the book though - the potential dilemma faced by Kitty's very ill mother. I don't mean to be too cryptic and yet at the same I don't want to give anything away BUT it really this element of the story really did provide food for thought and left me wondering what I'd do in both Kitty's and her mother's shoes.

And so onto the question of whether or not this can be read as a standalone read. In short I'd say yes BUT I'd really advise that you start at the beginning as though the story lines are not reliant on your having read any of the other books (goodness knows I read book two before book 1) part of the enjoyment of the series is seeing how the characters develop.

Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pacy and fun, 17 April 2012
This follows on in the tradition of the Kitty Norville books and continues to develop Kitty's leadership potential and relationships with other wolves and other supernatural species. It succeeds very well in keeping the reader in suspence and genuinely concerned for the outcome of events, and like the other books does not pull its punches - people get hurt, upset, overwhelmed and sick. There are no superheroes to be seen. Ben's characterisation gets deeper in this book too, although I found the ending a little too sugary and would been happier if the scene in the woods had marked the end of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fourth Kitty Book, 24 May 2009
This review is from: Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville 4) (Paperback)
If you liked the first three books in this series you will like this one.

Cormac The bounty hunter is in jail. Kitty and her boyfriend Ben are still together although they keep wondering whether they would be if fate hadn't thrown them together.

Kitty's Mum becomes ill and Kitty and Ben have to go back to Denver to face the pack that she fled from. Rick the vampire adds in some of his problems. All in all Kitty keeps quite busy.

Good story, easily and quickly read. I have now order the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars kitty rocks!, 7 Oct 2008
Kelly "I am a busy mum of 2 under 3's, audio ... (Paulton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Can't wait for book five!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 July 2013
M. L. C. Eley "LE" (UK) - See all my reviews
I got addicted to these and in my free time would only actually read these books because they were packed with action, all of the characters are interesting, very well thought out story line

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 July 2013
An excellent read i would recommend you read all the Kitty books if you like Weres, Vamps and strange creatures.

Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville 4)
Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville 4) by Carrie Vaughn (Paperback - 14 Aug 2008)
6.56