5.0 out of 5 stars On The Moon!
I purchased this book because it was about man living on the Moon. I have always been fascinated by stories set on the Moon - I guess this comes from growing up at the time of the Moon Landing.

This is my first novel by Arthur C. Clarke, and as I enjoyed the style of writing immensely - will certainly not be my last!

I found this book easy to read;...
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by FAMOUS NAME

Relatively entertaining and engaging novel, it really gives you the right atmosphere (no pun intended) of what it could be like to visit the moon, it's only flaw is how dated the way the characters interact with each other, it does pick up on the suspense sometimes but it is few and far between as most of the story is character driven. but an interesting read other wise.
Published 4 months ago by kevin maguire

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio SF at its best, 5 Feb 2008
This was a very nice radio play version of A Fall Of Moondust. I recall it being broadcast back in about 1981 and had a cassette for many years. Really well adapted, you can feel the tension far more in the voices of the actors on tape than in the book. A superb example of the power of good SF in the radio genre.

3.0 out of 5 stars it really gives you the right atmosphere (no pun intended) of what it could be like to visit the moon, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: A Fall of Moondust (S.F. MASTERWORKS) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A period piece but, within that context, not a foot wrong..., 26 May 2014
This review is from: A Fall of Moondust (S.F. MASTERWORKS) (Paperback)
Incredibly, I first read this tale serialised in our local newspaper, way back when...

And, yes, despite the NASA and USSR orbiters and robot landers, the Apollo crews still could not be certain there were no ponds of talc-fine dust waiting to swallow them. IIRC, Mr Neil was almost relieved to see boulders in the landing zone, even if he had to use every ounce of 'bug' training and test-pilot nerve to dodge them...

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read., 2 Aug 2013
Its a bit of fun but the storyline gets a bit teadious (old fashioned) ok for a quick read to understand moondust and gravity forces.

3.0 out of 5 stars Run of the Mill radio play, 21 April 2013
sebquest (Cumbria, England.) - See all my reviews
I was expecting much more from an Arnold C Clarke book adaptation, but this is a mediocre drama about an eclectic bunch of characters encountered previously on numerous occasions, who could have been trapped anywhere - it just happens to be the moon.

4.0 out of 5 stars another great story, 6 April 2013
i read this book many years ago,so i am glad that i purchased it for the kindle, it hasn't lost any of the power of the story line,
the human factor in it is very good without going over the top, " which often happens", Arthur c C larke is a master of telling
sci fi stories which seem to put the reader into the story, without makeing it to heavy, i would recomend it to any scy fi fans out there,

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 30 Jan 2013
Good book remembering doing it for English Lit . Still enjoyed it know. Good story if you like space,but it is more about human interacction under stress.Would reccomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan 2013
A good, old fashioned science fiction story. Although man has been to the moon since this was written it is still very believeable. Made me feel young again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally On Kindle, 24 April 2012
This is a book that I have loved since my youth, a melding of boy's own adventure with hard scientific fact to create the ultimate disaster movie plot. A cruise ship designed to float over the seas of dust on the moon is swallowed up by a geological event and the search and rescue attempts are hampered by the cold, hard rules of physics.

Yes, it's dated now in terms of the writing and some of the scientific detailing, but it's still an uncomplicated romp of a story and I can't welcome it onto my kindle enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars On The Moon!, 17 Jan 2011
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Fall of Moondust (Paperback)

I found this book easy to read; enjoyable, and with just about the right amount of suspense to keep me satisfied without all those over-long and invented words and names that become so tiresome in this genre... About the only criticism (and it is small) that I would have, is the fact that there was not enough story before the big 'accident' outlining life as it is on the Moon. I would have liked more background to day-to-day living by the Moon's inhabitants to begin with - but it seemed to me the Author appeared a little too eager to get into the 'life threatening' and crisis situation part of the story way too soon...

However; a very enjoyable read indeed that I could recommend to any SF fan.

NOTE: 'SF Masterworks' series has some of the finest examples in this genre, and I find do stunningly attractive artwork for their chosen titles, but the quality of these Editions leave a lot to be desired... The print, though bold is poor somehow; there are numerous spelling errors, missing or duplicated words - and even the print is not the same size throughout! It's also a bit small too for my liking - but I'm always 'seduced' by the outstanding and enticing artwork!

A Fall of Moondust (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
A Fall of Moondust (S.F. MASTERWORKS) by Arthur C. Clarke (Paperback - 14 Mar 2002)