5.0 out of 5 stars DKS has Excelled himself!, 5 Aug 2008
A stunningly good book - an 'animal story' but so much more too - and really funny for parents and boys or girls of any age (from about 6 years).

The "long noses" that have murdered and eaten so many of the hens are about to be 'busted' by three heroic sisters! Their father Massey is full of self importance (but lovable with it) - his wife 'handles' him so cleverly that Mums and Dads will be killing themselves laughing. The 'Dambusters' theme running throughout the books is a stroke of genius and done in a really funny way. The book grabs kids even though they have never heard of the Dambusters - there are so many things going on in the story, and it works on so many levels, this author is unbeatable. As for the narrator - well he's so clever at giving all the characters a real individual (but distinctly hennish - or foxish) feel, even whilst his delivery makes you laugh. What a combination - this is a book that we (parents) have enjoyed playing even when there were no kids around to give us the excuse!

We are bitterly disappointed that the BBC has bought up all the Cover-to-Cover books, and isn't actually selling them. Why would they leave stories of this quality just lying in a corner???

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure and comedy, 10 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Fox Busters (Paperback)
I thought it was a good book and very funny. It is a book I would read again and again. I thought it was a cross between an adventure and a humorous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember him reading this in class., 4 Feb 2008
R. D. Mcleod "ricknevaria" (cumbria) - See all my reviews
This is not only an excellent read for me, even now at the age of 38, but it also brings back some good memories of when I was in Mr King-Smith's class and when this book was published. Even now, my main claim to fame is when he had to dangle me upside down on the eve of the school play. Good memories, thank you Mr King-Smith, you are a true inspiration...

5.0 out of 5 stars Links with Science teaching, 9 Jun 2000
By A Customer
The second chapter of the book is invaluable as a teaching aid when studying variation and adaptation with Year 7 pupils. The book is also a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is a good book it is very exciting., 29 April 1999
By A Customer
I enjoyed this book because it is sad and funny.My favourite part was when the three sisters show everyone they can fly.

The Fox Busters
The Fox Busters by Dick King-Smith (Hardcover - 6 April 1978)
Used & New from: £0.01