5.0 out of 5 stars new du Maurier fan
I always meant to read Daphne du Maurier and I am so glad I bought this book and tried her out.
I have loved every story and found myself reading late into the night as I had to know 'what happens next'.
She's a brilliant author and I personally would buy any book written by her confident in the knowledge that I would thoroughly enjoy it.
I'm also glad I...
Published on 21 May 2010 by wilhemina

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 great cornish novels
bought this for my granddaughter to introduce her to interesting literature but the print is so small couldn't give it to her. You'd need binoculars to read it.
Published 11 months ago by David J. Arrowsmith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars new du Maurier fan, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Four Great Cornish Novels: Jamaica Inn; Rebecca; Frenchman's Creek; My Cousin Rachel (Hardcover)
I'm also glad I went for second hand as I got a hardback in great condition for a very cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 9 Nov 2009
Daphne du Maurier wrote these tales many years ago but they still feel fresh against todays literature.
Once a story was started I found it near to impossible to put it down till the end was reached .The best thing about her stories is that I rarely could guess the end. Reading prolifically I am often disappionted by endings but not with du Maurier. I give all the stories in this book Five stars . Read any of them to be transported to anothers world.

5.0 out of 5 stars one for my favourites, 28 Feb 2012
I needed Rebecca for my book group. This was an excellent find with no hard work on my part.Really cheap and book in good condition what more could you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars great writing, 4 Jun 2014
Mrs. H. Wallace (Angus, Scotland) - See all my reviews
had been using my kindle more, but got this book cheaply as wanted to read Jamaican Inn before the tv series. Nice having a book in my hand again! Taped the tv series but not watched it yet, partly due to negative feedback re sound quality. Read Jamaica Inn which was a great read and now onto Frenchman's Creek. du Maurier certainly knows how to write captivating stories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Four great cornish novels, 25 Mar 2014
I am not a big reader of books but decided I would buy this as it was recommended by a friend , and how thankful I am , but book is brilliant especially Jamaica inn, and Frenchman's creek what am I saying they are all great by Daphe du Maurier

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic awaiting, 15 Dec 2013
V. Mellor "F1Guy" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebecca (Hardcover)
Yet to read it but I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas so
I can get my head in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what I was looking for, 7 Dec 2013
An excellent compendeum of works by Dapne de Maurier and great value for money will give many hours of enjoyment

4.0 out of 5 stars brillant book, 23 Sep 2013
considering it is a really old book, it is in very good condition, clean no pages torn or damaged. Enjoyed reading it very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Feb 2013
Excellent for the price. I had never read any of Daphne Du Murier's novels but I really enjoyed Rebecca. On to Jamaica Inn!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic edition of the classic novels, 26 Jan 2013
Rosalind Healy "fernhill gardener" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an old fashioned and charming edition of four Daphne du Maurier novels which I purchased for my daughter as was making her first adult visit to Cornwall. She had never heard of du Maurier (my fault of course, I should have long ago introduced her to these books as she is a huge Austen fan and was sure to like them). I rather regret her going off to Uni with the book as I would like to re-read them myself. When she returns at Easter I shall grab it. The edition is hardback and looks like it will stand up to hard wear, travelling to Falmouth for instance. The novels themselves are wonderfully evocative of the strange wild beauty of Cornwall, a place of legend, romance and fable. If you have a romantic streak and enjoy a ripping yarn full of rather over the top characterisations and redolent of the glorious natural beauties of this unique English county (which I think feels like a separate, magical, fictional land), you will love these novels.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›