5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to the Veness family!
We used an earlier version of this guide for our Disneyland Paris visit 2 years ago and found it very useful. Hints & tips to help you save money, use your time there well and have fun. Just bought this new edition for our trip this year. The authors Simon & Susan Veness obviously love the park and it shows in their enthusiastic writing. Take advantage of their 20 years'...
Published on 26 Jan. 2012 by Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book, but so much of this information is already on the internet
Hm,mmmmmmm how to review this - I bought the book, I used it and we took it with us into the park. But I bought it after I arraged the trip, so huge sections of it weren't of any use.

Much of the information is already on the internet especially in a website offering advice on trips.

It is useful to have all the various bits of information in one...
Published 14 months ago by Mumof2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Help, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
I have just finished reading the book it has answered all the questions that I had about staying and visiting the park, which I could not find anywhere else. Every part of the park is looked at in detail, but not in a boring way that makes you lose interest.

I was worried it was going to be useful for only families, as I am going with no children in the party, but the tips that are given can be used for everyone going to the park.

If you would like to make the most of your time at Disneyland Paris or even are just looking into visiting the park in the future, then I would defiantly recommend this book for its tips and advice on where to stay, eat and see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous editions, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
Bought this as have not been to Disneyland Paris for a few years. I was slightly disappointed because there was not as much information as I had expected from the previous edition I had purchased. There were more photos which should have made for a more sizeable book but sadly it failed there. Perhaps if I had not purchased an earlier edition, or had never visited Disneyland Paris I would have been more impressed with this book.

On a plus point there are useful discount vouchers inside the covers. The book not only covers Disneyland Paris it also gives some useful information on Paris.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
If you're going to Disneyland Paris you need this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
This was a very useful guide for our Disney visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
I bought this as it was my first trip to Disneyland Paris.

I has loads of great tips & research like this is definately required or you could waste hours wandering around not knowing where to go.

Loads of info so take the time to read it before your trip & not on your trip!

2.0 out of 5 stars More of a Picture Book than a Guide, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
I bought this book primarily because of the very positive reviews which I now do not share. Within a short time of receiving two books I had ordered for a pending trip to Paris - this one and The Rough Guide to Paris - I have returned the Brit Guide. The reasons for my disappointment are:

- there are many, many glossy photographs: I can handle the overdose of 'Mickey Mouse' ones but there are also lots of pictures of the hotels and hotel facilities. Since we are staying in Paris itself, this is not relevant and for anyone who wants to overdose on hotel pictures these can be seen on-line or in the Disney brochure for free.
- on the other hand good, useable information about the rides is surprisingly hard to find - though I did not try for too long, only half an hour or so
- the layout seemed messy to me, lots and lots of colour loses the plot as well as the script
- the book is very heavy considering the amount of actual information: you are essentially carrying an old fashioned photo album

My own opinion is that you'd be better buying the Rough Guide to Paris and simply taking out the short section of very helpful pages about Disneyland e.g. there is a good list of all the rides with a sentence or two of comment about suitability for the age/s of your child/ren and comments about what else is on offer. I've been to (the original) Disneyland so I do think that a guide to this Disneyland can be more independently and calmly informative.

Instead, the Brit Guide really felt too much like a substantial advertising brochure for the hotels. I expected a lot less jazziness and a more balanced description so we have an idea in a very limited time about what to seek out (or avoid) for our own particular little darlings.

Amazon now charges return postage of £2.75 - so I felt I should sound a note of caution to anyone considering this book. To be positive, it might suit those who do actually not want the hassle of going to Disneyland but prefer to spend a tenner and a quiet, rainy afternoon looking at bright sunny pictures....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
Returned

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful, 22 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
There is some basic information about the park in this guide but you could find most of the same information on the Disney website. The Unofficial Guide is much more helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but online material better, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris (Paperback)
Really good book to get an idea of what's at disneyland Paris but I wanted a bit more informaiton on the rides and height restrictions. A pull out map would have been great too. I found it really difficult to read - in terms of layout and the AA guides I normally buy are much better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris
Brit Guide DisneyLand Paris by Susan Veness (Paperback - 23 Jan. 2012)
Used & New from: £7.63