5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent
Published on 23 Nov. 2010 by goodeater

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasnt what I expected
I guess I just wanted a basic book on how to freeze. In particular, which fruits and veggies can be frozen after slicing, which need to be blanched, etc. Every fruit in this book is frozen in a sugar syrup, which is not want I want to do. I guess I needed a more basic guide. LITERALLY how to freeze, and how long things will last, etc.
Published 16 months ago by Kim Cobb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, 23 Nov. 2010
This review is from: How to Freeze Fresh Food at Home: Everything You Need to Know About Freezing and Freezer (Paperback)
why i never knew about this gem of a book before is probably because i didn't grow my own to freeze, now we are in a recession it is a must have for all who have decided like us to grow and freeze our own, it does cover everything clearly and already we have read it from cover to cover,full of common sense and easy to follow ideas, excellent book. super value.buy how to freeze everything it is more than that.excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful!, 9 Feb. 2011
This little book is very useful. There hasn't been a thing yet that I've wanted to look up that hasn't been covered in this book. Concise, precise and easy to understand. No frills. A practical addition to your kitchen bookshelf!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasnt what I expected, 6 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a fantastic book, 15 Mar. 2011
M. Tuffley (Droitwich, UK) - See all my reviews
A fantastic book which I wished I had purchased ages ago. It is in a very simple A-Z of foods, with handy tips and methods. If you are trying to reduce your food waste I am positive you will find it helpful. I gave this book as a gift to a student friend who uses it every day. I keep my copy in the kitchen and grab it when I need it. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Freeze Fresh Food, 19 Aug. 2011
A great book, easy to follow and covers everything I will ever need to know about freezing food. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The A to Z of Freezing Food & Saving Money, 10 Jan. 2013
This is a practical guide to managing your freezer and how to freeze over 500 foods which are listed in alphabetical order for ease of reference. Each entry has clear instruction on how to prepare the food before freezing, the best way to pack and store it, how long it lasts in the freezer and then how to thaw and serve, or whether it could be cooked from frozen. The categories covered are: meat & poultry, fish, veg, fruit, cakes, bread, pastry, sauces, soups and desserts.

It's quite an eye opener to see how much fresh food can actually be frozen that I never knew about and I've never been too sure how to blanch and freeze fresh veg and fruit. We are looking forward to stocking up the freezer with a lot of our homegrown produce this summer!

3.0 out of 5 stars how to freeze fresh food at home, 22 Mar. 2013
Plenty of answers to all your home needs. Stops confusion when storing food. Great book. Found it easy to understand. Good for me as I'm a novis at all the dos and donts to help with food hygiene

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 12 July 2011
N. Carey (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm really pleased with this book. I've had to restock on some of my cookery/household books, since coming to Canada, and needed a basic one for freezing. I've planted a veggie garden which is doing very well, and unfortunately I have to be away from home when it'll be time to harvest. I wanted a clear guide to freezing as I'm going to have to leave my husband to do this, and he's never done it before. This book will be fine for him. The advice is clear, simple and straight forward and is a very useful addition to a kitchen library.How to Freeze Fresh Food at Home: Everything You Need to Know About Freezing and Freezer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book a Definate for Anyone who Cooks Loads!, 11 Oct. 2012
This book is absolutely excellent. It is informative and laid out in a very simple and easy to use format. It lists numerous everyday foods alphabetically and even contains more exotic items such as Pigeon & Rabbit. I was surprised to see that food stuffs that I often, unfortunately, end up throwing away because they have spoilt can be frozen for use later.

I love cooking and often cook large quantities with the intention of freezing them for later. The tips on how to wrap, store & label food before freezing are straight forward and simple.

No more UFO's (Unidentified Food Objects!)will be lurking in my freezer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 29 Jan. 2013
Meryl (Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my son and his girlfriend who help out at a friend allotment and get lots of fresh veg. I briefly had a lookat the book and it seeemed useful. i intend to get one myself. Book arrrived promptly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available