5.0 out of 5 stars Best Guide I've found
We've not been to Florida before, and it's a confusing thing to plan to say the least! I've looked at a number of guides and this seems to outstrip all of them. Fantastic detail about what to do, when, great tips you probably won't have thought of and yet it's crisp and concise. I"d say this is THE guide to buy when you start to plan the trip, and also to take with you...
Published on 16 Nov 2009 by Ama-zone

1.0 out of 5 stars There are better alternatives
If you haven't been to Florida before, then this book is for you. If you have, you may find it patronising and packed with obvious true-isms.

If you're after detailed info on Disney and the other parks, then the real bible is the unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Once you've read that, the weaknesses in this book become even more obvious.

As a...
Published on 21 Nov 2010 by Robert Darbyshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Brit guide to Orlando 2010, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
Pretty much everything you need to know about Orlando. This guide leans heavily toward being a major park guide, but then that's why most brits go to Orlando.
Well worth the money spent.Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book for trip planning!!, 23 Sep 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
I've used this book, and its predecessors, a few times now and the information is always accurate. I've used it to plan my trips and make up my itiniery. I'm going to Orlando tomorrow and will be taking the book with me- it's that essential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brit Guide to Florida, 19 Sep 2010
Mrs. Lk Dunning (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
A great product I have been using this since I first started going to Florida, a fantastic help especially to those who have not been before... It should be called the Essential Brit Guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic guide book, 13 Sep 2010
L11VYK (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
I had bought books off Amazon or rented other Florida/Orlando guide books from the library, and there was nothing that even scratched the surface compared to this book. Albeit I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't buy this years copy, so I had to read through an "artists impression" of what Harry Potter attraction would be like, but everything else was spot on. I passed my book on to my partner for him to read about how to drive, as there was an informative section on this.
The book is tough, and the pages thick enough for you not to have to worry about ripping them (though one page did come partially out of it's spine when I bent back the cover, totally my fault!)
This is one of few books that Disney's attractions does not dominate - as someone that is primarily going for Universal Studios side of things, I was relieved that most of the book I could still read without thinking I had wasted my money.
I will definately be bringing this guide book on my holiday in three weeks time. I can appreciate the accomodation section, as although we booked before we bought the book, our travel company (Dialaflight) were in the recommendations.
So overall, a great book! I would definately buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Orlando 2010 Brit Guide, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this book for our summer holiday to Orlando. We referred to the book on a daily basis and proved invaluable. Some good tips for the parks. Car park costs for Disney/Universal are out of date (now £14/£15) but otherwise the book is very accurate. Recommended book for those visiting Florida for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars orlando 10, fab book, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
my husband loves this book, we going to florida this year, he said this book has everything we need to know and at half the price it is in the shops

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 26 Aug 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
Found the book excellent. Very easy reading, informative and really easy to use - a credit to the authors

4.0 out of 5 stars Orlando Guide, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
Very good book to have if going to Orlando as it gives good hints, tips. Well worth the money especially as it was my first journey to Florida.

5.0 out of 5 stars First hand experience with the Brit Guide, 20 Aug 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
I have just got back from Florida.
We bought the book before we went as it received rave reviews and was much cheaper at Amazon.

This is a really good book. There is lots of relevant information and it was an extremely valuable tool.

By the nature of the rate at which the attractions change it must be a nightmare to update the latest version.

I have a couple of points to make which might be useful to be added in the next edition:
1) At this time of year (August), the parks are busy whatever day you go.
The best advice is to get there early and be there waiting for the doors to open. That way you will have a couple of hours where you can head for your favourite rides and more or less get on them straight away.

2) The new Harry Potter Land is very good but phenominally busy, even early in the morning. This new area is definitely skewing the attendance figures for the other parks and this will need to be taken into consideration in the next edition.

If you are going to Florida - Buy the book, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) (Paperback)
Having not been to Orlando before, we purchased this book and found it very helpful and informative. The reviews of places of interest were great and gave us some different ideas on where to go. The driving instructions were very helpful and as advised we got a sat nav for our hire car, for which we are eternally grateful! Thanks to this book we had a stress free holiday and some fantastic trips out. I would definitely recommend this if you have not been there before, or even if you have, as there are so many places to go outside of Disney and International Drive!

Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides)
Brit Guide to Orlando 2010 (Brit Guides) by Susan Veness (Paperback - 23 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01