on 28 February 2009
Among a sea of wedding books, this one really stood out for me. I bought about five books and found them pretty hopeless - books about weddings are generally really nicely produced, with pretty shiny covers, but the contents aren't always as good as you might hope.

This one is!

I actually got a cut-down version of this book free with a wedding magazine, and it was so good I had to buy the full version.

Where the other wedding books told me I must do X, Y and Z, this book was the only one that offered practical examples. For example, a range of different possible wordings for invites. There was no bossy 'you must do such & such', just a range of possible options for me to choose from.

I really liked its approach, which made me feel that it was okay to do whatever felt best to me. And there was always helpful content and tips that really helped me to put the ideas into action.

Great book if you need help planning a wedding - highly recommended!
on 22 June 2010
Good book, I bought this for a second time around wedding, lots of useful hints tips and advice would definatley recommend.
on 16 July 2013
this planner was invaluable! the gospel for our wedding. it is quite biased towards the bride but there is no reason an engaged couple can't use it together. it has everything you would possibly need to plan for inside and is just brilliant! not dated or current, but more timeless. there is plenty of spaces in the book were you can make your own plans and the planning sheets/checklists are perfect. i'd give it more stars if i could!
on 7 October 2013
i found this book really useful, especially if like me you werent sure of where to start. it breaks down exactly what needs to be done, when and gives options of different ways of doing things e.g church wedding or civil ceremony and explains the difference between the two etc.I really like refering back to this book when i am not sure of something.
on 20 December 2010
Knowing very little about how to organise a wedding, I picked this up second hand to have a flick through and now, I dont know what I'd do without it. The checklists are invaluable. What's more, the groom-to-be likes to have a look too - there's sections on everybody's roles and tasks and it provides great discussion starters when you're just too overwhelmed to think properly.

My wedding is not for a few years yet - we are saving for our ideal day - and this book covers everything from finance basics such as 'who will pay', 'wedding savings accounts' and average UK budgets, right down to the nitty gritty checklists that include EVERYTHING so you dont forget any major expenses.

Other pluses are: there is a lot of information on the different ceremony types and their rules and regulations, a huge address book, and it is a handy size to fit in your bag. Lots of space to write in, too. I'd like to mention that there are also a lot of lovely ideas about themes, colour schemes, thoughtful gifts for important guests and the like that come in really handy when you're stuck for ideas.

Seriously girls, get a copy for your sanity's sake.
on 31 December 2013
this really helped to give me ideas and styles and wordings to use. It was a really helpful second to my wedding notebook and easy to use. came down quickly and great purchase all around.
on 29 April 2009
I bought this as a present for my best friend who had just got engaged. She had felt a bit overwhelmed I think by how much there is to think about when planning a wedding and she was really chuffed with the book. So much so that she even went out and bought the groom's version for her fiance. I have to admit to having a quick peek before giving it to her. I found it was really nicely presented and was great because it advised on wedding traditions but gave alternative suggestions as well. It gives checklists too and advice on wording invites etc. A great book that ticked all the boxes. Only improvement was that it could have been a bit bigger- although the size makes it perfect to carry in your handbag!
on 21 January 2014
First daughter to get married and we didn't know where to start. This book gives a lot of useful tips.
on 20 June 2011
It's okay - good lists, well laid out, nothing starteling and life changing, but a good guide to hlep with planning. Not looked at any others so not really sure how they would compare. Lots of fee stuff available on line - and simlar stuff to this book, but I like having a hardcopy of stuff and this book brings it all together well.
on 12 April 2011
I have just purchased this book to help with my wedding preparation. So far I have found it my most useful tool. It gives so much information, budget pages for you to fill in, check lists etc.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone getting married.