4.0 out of 5 stars Partial success in 'moon' gardening
Published on 1 Nov 2008 by EileenR

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the current year's book!!
Although this book explains the general theory and principals behind planting with the moon's cycles very well, I immediately realised that the actual planting calendar contained within it relates ONLY to 2007.

It is therefore out of date and not relevant to the current planting year.

I feel that maybe this should be pointed out somewhere in the...
Published on 30 Oct 2009 by Kentish Gardener

4.0 out of 5 stars Partial success in 'moon' gardening, 1 Nov 2008
EileenR (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I found the whole subject fascinating with some success and some failures. My sweet peas were magnificent with really long stems and a very long flowering season (Jun - Sep) and runner beans equally as good and very prolific. Unfortunately the carrot root fly had not read the book and despite sowing 2 packets of french beans nothing came up at all. I suppose it's a case of 'you win some, you lose some'
I shall certainly use the system this year and at present my toilet roll middles are filled and in the propagator waiting for the right day to sow

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, easy and revolutionary, 29 May 2005
I was introduced to this by a man that tiled our kitchen floor. We all know the influence of the sun, but did you know that the moon is just as powerful? There is a hefty explanation, that gets rather technical at times, but basically plants are divided into four categories. Flower, root, leaf and fruit. The lunar calendar guides you to the most auspicious days for sowing, tending and harvesting. The whole concept is fantastic and cheaper than a carton of tomato ripe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the current year's book!!, 30 Oct 2009
This review is from: Gardening and Planting by the Moon 2007: Higher Yields in: Higher Yields in Vegetables and Flowers (Paperback)

It is therefore out of date and not relevant to the current planting year.

I feel that maybe this should be pointed out somewhere in the book's description.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful help in gardening, 6 Nov 2011
Despite its unexpected title 'Gardening and Planting by the Moon' is a great support to successful gardening, especially in having a productive vegetable garden. Its hints and tips have given us the vegetables that have greatly helped our grocery budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening book, 2 Nov 2011
Have had these books from Amazon for a number of years. They are really good. We live in Spain and the Spanish really do plant by the moon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful planting, 26 Sep 2011
R. Rowland "Big Bobby" (Fulking,England) - See all my reviews
Absolute must for all successful planting. Nothing to do with 'nutters' and weirdos but a proven method of increasing your fruit and vegetable yield.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gardening by the moon, 30 Oct 2007
Whilst I found this book interesting I would have preferred more charts and diagrams to enable me to easily see what I should be doing when. Nick seems to totally miss out on the fact that there is more to moon growing than just the waxing and waining of the moon, for example, whether the moon is ascending or descending can make a considerable difference in the growth of certain crops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening results made easy, 22 April 2012
Makes planting easy, the results I have had in the last 3 years since using this book are amazing.Essential for good gardening results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 29 Jun 2013
I bought this book for my husband, and he highly recommends it. It was very informative and he learned a lot from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift item, 6 Jan 2013
bought as a gift i hope they like it all came in time with no issues at all will use again

Used & New from: 0.01