5.0 out of 5 stars Unusually good food for a diet book
I've found this to be the best of all the diet books I've tried. Getting the right amount of calories is easy thanks to the various sections, the recipes are easy to follow and there are lots of ideas. Most importantly though the food actually tastes good, unlike that in most diet books I've seen. Good stuff.
Published on 1 Jan. 2009 by Wigford

3.0 out of 5 stars easy recipes
Published on 10 Oct. 2011 by SweetCinnamon

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusually good food for a diet book, 1 Jan. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiration on fast days, 25 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
After watching the BBC Horizon program 'Eat fast and Live Longer'. I decided to give the 5:2 regime a try. My main problem was to find meal idea's for the two fast days. I purchased this title along with the 'Pocket Calorie counter by the same publisher.
I've found the book inspirational, it's divided into sections by total meal calories, and i've already tried several really tasty recipes. I love the Buck Rarebit.
I find that by picking out my chosen recipe before the fast day, it means that during the fast day my willpower is stronger as I know that if I waste any calories unnecessarily I then can't have my planned meal.
I've only been doing it a couple of weeks so it's too early to really see any weight loss benefits, but the program showed that it was about so much more.

With the book containing 1,000 recipies, I can't see me running out of inspiration for a long time.
One word of advice when using the book - make sure you make a note of how many the recipe serves !! - lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Dieting Easy, 30 Dec. 2001
By A Customer
Loads of simple to follow recipes all calorie counted and good for all the family to eat too. Divided into groups of calorific content and then also into main ingredient making it easier to choose the recipes you will most enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and easy to follow, 30 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
Nicely laid out with a wide range of recipes. The recipes are listed according to calorie content, so it is easy to produce a low-calorie meal plan to suit your requirements. The ingredients are all easy to find.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for ideas, 19 Oct. 2011
RDS (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
This cookbook is great for getting ideas for low-calorie cooking. I think it's helpful for any dieter to get a larger range of foods. Since this is a UK cookbook, it's easier to find the ingredients than some of the American based cookbooks. Great value for money. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and Easy to use, 17 Jun. 2009
J. Davolls "the smiling rabbit" (Wimbledon Park, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
If your planning your calories and stuck for what you need to cook for the family this really helps. It keeps you in check but it best of all there are so many reciepes you can't go wrong!

Great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars count the cals!!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping I would find tasty meals whilst on my epic weight loss. I was not disappointed.I have found a large range of foods to keep my interest going. Easy to read as each section increases in its calorific value. A very good book for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy recipes, 10 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
A good book for those who aren't used to cooking. I'm vegetarian but my partner isn't so I use all the recipes. I found the veggie recipes to be especially basic, most of which are directly from a tin. (Tin of beans, tinned ratatouille) which is great if you don't like cooking and are pushed for time. Not so good if you love cooking from scratch like I do. Clear calorie guidelines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ideas!, 1 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes (Paperback)
I bought this book as I am in the process of trying to lose weight, but doing it myself and sensibly. Trouble is I was getting bored of the healthy meals! This is a very handy book to give you some ideas of meals to try for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also things like dressings and soups. It is also good as it starts at the beginning of the book with the lower calorie items and goes through the book, sectioned by calorie amounts, till you end up with the highest calorie meals at the end of the book. Very handy and i am sure I will refer to it quite a lot. For the little amount of money it cost it was well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipe for success, 4 April 2014
There are some great recipes in here and it is so easy to formulate a menu as they are in various sections e.g. breakfast, light lunches, memorable main meals, heavenly hot desserts etc. Within each section the recipes are in order of the number of calories. It's a great book for anyone who is calorie-counting or wants to know how many calories they are consuming.

The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes
The Classic 1000 Calorie-counted Recipes by Carolyn Humphries (Paperback - 1 Jan. 1998)