5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to ready meals
Published on 28 Feb 2007 by J. Donald

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a cookery book for the elderly.
I live alone since my wife went into a nursing home. I was attracted to this book in Kindle and noted the favourable reviews. I am approaching 90 years of age and this book is useless. A vast storage of spices and peppers etc., is needed. The meals are NOT easily prepared. Preparation times vary from 15 minutes to 50 minutes and no account is taken of the time required...
Published 27 days ago by Mr. L. D. Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to ready meals, 28 Feb 2007
J. Donald (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
After years of ready meals I felt I had to try and start some real cooking. For health reasons I had to reduce the salt and additive content that I was eating through ready meals. This book is reasonably priced and has a superb range of meals that really do taste good. The author explains each step in detail and although there are no pictures I have not found this to be a disadvantage. This book has introduced me to vegetarian meals, previously I always thought they were tasteless, in addition her salad recipes are superb, simple and in no way boring. The preparation times in the book are accurate but the washing up does add another 15mins or so. A superb book to wean one off the ready meals. Buy it.
Update May 2011. I am still using this book after four years. Recently bought another copy as my original became a bit dog eared. Bonus: the book's tip on how to make simple french salad dressing is superb and has saved me buying many sugar laden supermarket bottled versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 29 July 2006
zztopbanana (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
This is a fairly simple but extremely useful book and although there are no pictures, it is laid out very well which in turn makes the recipes very easy to follow.

There are about 130 recipes in all so it does not even come close to the sheer number of recipes in the 1000 series books but that said, decision making is far easier.

And there is some good stuff in here, too.

All in all, very much a worthwhile addition to one's culinary bookshelf.

And at the price, it's a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 7 Jan 2010
Andrea Dixon (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
This book has kept me fed through two degrees and a gap year! the recipes are all simple, well laid out and easy to follow. although titled a cook book for one, the recipes are really easy to multiply when having friends around! the book was so good I bought it as a housewarming present for a friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 26 Aug 2008
C. Brew (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
This book does not assume you have a large array of ingredients lurking in your fridge/cupboard as some other 'easy' books do. It's simple, good hearty meals anyone can make. An excellent choice for the beginner cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
Before I picked up this book I was having baked beans and scrambled eggs and microwave meals most of the time - although I could rustle up the odd bit of salad now and again! I have much more confidence after picking up this book and actually look forward to making a meal now (except for the washing up afterwards!) It is laid out in a very simple way which is half the battle - it doesn't look hard and actually isn't! Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars cooking book, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
i now live on my own and couln,t cook at all i was ordering takeaways mostely.but after buying this cookery book things have changed i can get to cook my own grub now not perfect but a hell of a lot better easy to understand well worth it cheers

4.0 out of 5 stars BOOK, 6 Dec 2009
Ms. A. J. Tinkler (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
Great cook book, great for students or people who live alone, can also be used as a quick meal when you in on your own, not to hard to follow and lots of choice for a fussy eater like myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for those new to cooking, 20 Mar 2002
By A Customer
after starting out at uni i had never before cooked before. in order to try and experience cooking i decided to buy this book. it soon proved to be an excellent purchase and allowed me to follow easy step by step guides to preparing quick and easy cuisines. sets out the ingredient lists in a helpful and easy to interpret way and definitly has proved to develope my cooking talents. highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Book, 23 May 2009
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
This is a very easy cookery book to follow and has something for everyone. I am a very impatient cook but this book has inspired me to cook fresh meals for myself instead of relying on the freezer, enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 28 Nov 2010
This review is from: Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) (Paperback)
I live on my own and have tried out most of the recipes in this book. All of them so far have been tasty, economical and well thought-out. Well done, highly recommended.

Cooking for One (Quick and Easy)
Cooking for One (Quick and Easy) by Molly Perham (Paperback - 23 May 2001)