on 18 January 2013
Good for dipping into, though am not sure how many of the recipes I will use. As it is a collection from a lot of sources, many recipes looking as if they have been modified for the Western user, it takes a lot more work to sift through the recipes to decide which to try - but there is such a large variety that is well worth having this book on the shelf. Seems to be easy to follow, though the methods of cooking may not all be traditional ones. I bought this second hand and the pages turned down by the previous owner turned out to be very useful markers of good recipes !
on 21 April 2015
It is the very same book as /The Classic 1000 Indian Recipes Paperback – 14 Mar 2002/ and the only difference between these two is it doesn't contain any pictures at all.
on 30 December 2012
Brilliant book. Will be buying for friends. Simple recipes to follow. Curry nights on the menu. stocking the cupboards now.
on 7 February 2014
This is the best indian recipe book you can buy. Easy to follow recipes none too difficult to follow, fabulous
on 1 June 2009
I already had this book and was searching for a copy for my daughter. I input the ISBN in Google and a match was found through Amazon. I ordered it and it was proptly delivered within 5 days, I believe this would have been quicker but it was the Bank Holiday weekend, the book was in perfect condition although it was used. An excellent service I will use again
C McLeish
on 28 April 2001
....some recipes that I tried worked out well, but I also found a couple of inaccurate recipes and some not-so-authentic ones. But it still is a good book - there are some great recipes among the thousand!