4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and fun

Published on 25 Nov. 2007 by R. Hutton

1.0 out of 5 stars complete book of rubbish, 25 Nov. 2007
R. Hutton (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
I've had this book for years, since I was a teen. back then I was really into dream interpretation and as an impressionable youngster thought that the meanings in this book must be correct. however I soon got tired of the book as every other thing you dream of seems to fortell death, disease, your spouse leaving you or crops failing... most of the symbols do not in anyway relate to the supposed meaning, and the meanings seem to have been recycled from a different era; as though the author read a book from the 1800's and didn't even care whether the meaning was relevant to the present day.
So after not too long the book got abandoned, shoved under the bed or some other place where all unused items congregate. However this morning I pulled it out again, on a whim that it might offer some clarity on a symbol the has frequented my dreams recently... and guess what the meanings is....
"denotes loss of your sweetheart and death of some near relation or friend. it is an unfavourable dream and signifies that your present pursuits will not be to your advantage. you would do well to move on."

and the symbol was 'Dolphin'! How the author can get that pile of rubbish from dreaming of dolphins I don't know.

do yourself a favour DO NOT buy this book. Get a book by someone who knows what they are talking about!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and fun, 22 Jun. 2005
Kelly F (Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
This book is a great introduction to the meaning of dreams. My friend bought it for me after I kept talking about my wacky reaccuring dreams and, guess what, it did have a meaning. I've keep the book at work and my colleagues are always coming over to refer to the dream book - we've had great fun finding out what dreaming of dogs, elephants, flying, water, rooms, houses all mean. It's not in depth but I think it's like reading your stars, you take from it what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate, 7 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
If you are very sensitive this is not a dream book for you as many of the symbols do represent, e.g death of a relationship etc. It is not light hearted. I have used it for about 7 years and mostly I have found it to be very, very accurate. There is another book which is almost exactly the same but has a little more so must have been gained from the same source. The other book tells you where the source is from and you can clearly see that some sources are much more reliable. I did get rid of these two books at one point as I thought they shouldn't have published the 'death' bits even though they have a disclaimer at the front.
Don't buy this book if you are expecting to have a little fun. Saying that, it is so accurate and a lot of the time it gives you really good news.
I dreamt of dolphins like the other reviewer and unfortunately it did come true but so many great things have come true too.
If you want a dream book that is authentic this is a good one. I think it is a little kinder than the other but I might have confused the two!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Garbage, 13 Oct. 2007
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
I was hoping for a gentle introduction to the psychology and interpretation of dreams, especially in terms of the mind of the dreamer.
Instead I got a mish mash of quite bizarre 'interpretations' quite often referring to the future. If I wanted this kind of tosh I'd just read the stars in the newspaper everyday. How dreaming of a Christmas tree can possibly be 'interpreted' as meaning you will meet somebody, under the holly, who you've never spoken to before, who will also end up marrying you and enjoying a very long and happy union, is beyond me.

If you're looking for a serious, narrative based look at the importance of dreams - avoid this like the plague.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laymans review for complete book of dreams, 17 May 2009
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
It is a useful book to have around. Ever woken up with a really vivid dream that you want to find out the meaning? This book helps if you are a regular person who is not a university scientific student of dreams studying all aspects of dream technology. It is basic fun and you can get what you want from it. There are a few interpretations that predict some kind of bad fortune but you can interpret it another way or see it as a warning to change your course of action. It is a laymans (or laywomans) dream book and is value for money that will assist you in the journey of understanding your dreams. A great present for a friend or relative into such things.

2.0 out of 5 stars hahahaha!, 8 Sept. 2010
Colin Bannon - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
I think if you want a dream book, buy one by an actual psychologist (like Freud)
This is just a "dictionary" of things that you probably will see in your dreams but as for the meaning behind them... like other reviewers say.... rubbish

Part of the meaning behind "nakedness":
"For a girl who sees a naked man shows that she will quickly fall in love, be married and have many male children who will be great cowards"
How can it say that? that may be 20 years into the future, and everybody who dreams this will have many cowardly male children?
Thankfully I didn't buy this book, just borrowed it. I was going to give this book a 1 star but it gets 2 for comedy value.

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect quide to analysing your dreams, 28 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
Everyone, I'm sure, has woken from their slumber asking 'what was that all about?'. This book is the perfect answer to that question, as it gives a fascinating insight into the uncontrollable night-time world that we all inhabit. It is simple to use, and soon you'll find yourself analysing all of your friends dreams as well as your own!

1.0 out of 5 stars Leave it on the bookshelf..., 4 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
I've always been a keen interpreter of dreams, and this book was given to me as a present. I have to say, it is unfortunately the worst dream book that I have ever owned. While the interpretatons are basic and straight to the point, it appears to miss out a lot of the basic things the average person might dream of. This is not the worst part however. What bothers me is that every interpretation I read seems to be full of more doom and gloom than a prediction of the Armageddon. If you own this book, don't dream. It really ruins your day reading what it meant in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of all time!, 29 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
I've had several dream interpretation books including an earlier edition of this one which is looking very worn from regular use. For reading the meanings of symbals in dreams I found this one to be the best for me. As my friends and relations call me to ask me about what their dreams mean, I've purchased a few of these newer editions to give for birthday and christmas presents...and I will be ordering a few more soon. The books arrived promptly and in excellent condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 17 Sept. 2004
This review is from: The Complete Book of Dreams (Paperback)
It says it's the Complete Book of Dreams, but it's far, far from being complete. I can never find half the keywords that I need in it to interprete my dreams. I wouldn't recommend buying it new. I've recently been paying more attention to my dreams, and this book really isn't good enough, so I shall be searching for a more "Complete" book of Dreams.

The Complete Book of Dreams
The Complete Book of Dreams by Edwin Raphael (Paperback - 1 Jun. 1992)