Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 January 2011
I have seen this musical more than once -not because of the talented cast(which is why I originally went), not because of the poular film it is based on and not because of the romance(which I am a sucker for). I went back to see it again because of the haunting, beautiful musical score by Howard Goodall ( probably best known for TV theme tunes such as Blackadder, Red Dwarf, etc ... although he has done so much more)that have been swimming around in my head ever since. The 3 main leads - Emma Williams, Michael Xavier and Peter Polycarpou all turn out first rate performances, full of emotion and passion. From the first few songs - What can you say about a girl, winter's night, etc ... to the very last song the music is just stunning. I am glad there is to be a recording and cannot wait for the release date. Go see this show before it closes and prepare to be swept away.
Now - can we have a DVD also please?!
on 18 April 2011
A first class recording of a first class show. Cannot understand why it didn't run for longer in the west end!
on 12 August 2014
I saw a production of Love Story at Bolton in July 2014 and fell in love with it, so bought the cd and I was not disappointed. Howard Goodall's score is fantastic and this is a wonderful recording of it.
on 20 May 2013
This was a wonderful musical and every time I listen, it brings back very happy memories. It's beautiful music, beautifully sung and is a good representation of the film.
on 30 December 2013
LOVELY MUSIC.SAD BUT LOVELY AS WELL. RECOMMENDED. TRUE LOVE STORY AND THE ORIGINAL LONDON CAST.SAW THIS IN LONDON AT THE THEATRE AND WAS FANTASTIC.