5.0 out of 5 stars Which tunes are included?, 1 Sep 2009
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Very Best of Nina Simone (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook) (Sheet music)
1. Ain't Got No (I Got Life)
2. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
13. Nobody's Fault But Mine
14. Since I Fell For You
15. Sinnerman
16. To Be Young Gifted And Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate transcriptions of Nina Simone's greatest hits, 6 May 2008
I wasn't sure what level the book was going to be when I ordered it, and I was afraid that like so many other songbooks, the piano parts would be 'dumbed down'.
However, I was very happy when I found that the piano parts were identical to the records, and were an interesting challenge. It also has full lyrics with the music (which my mum appreciated, although I wasn't too sure about her...vocal stylings) and guitar chords.
I would recommend this book to pianists of Grade 7 level and above, as although some of the the accompaniment is just chord patterns (as with any music), there are quite complex intricate sections in most songs, such as Sinnerman.
In short, an accurate and enjoyable songbook at great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb collection for an jazz pianist, 23 Jan 2009
Sally Wilton "Sally" (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is a fabulous collection of all Nina Simones greatest hits. True and accurate to the original songs recorded. All the little details are there with guitar and voice scores.

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, 22 July 2013
Lots of detail in the piano arrangements including full into and middle 8. Not for beginners - some are quite advanced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 April 2013
If you love singing, jazz and Nina Simone then this is the book for you. My daughter has been enjoying singing Mr Bojangles and My Baby Just Cares for Me to her hearts content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 7 Sep 2012
Steven Vanden Broucke (Gent, Belgium) - See all my reviews
The book gives you great transcriptions of the way Nina Simone played her songs on piano. You always get 3 lines: piano on Bas clef, piano on treble clef and vocal melody on treble clef. Additionally some extra optional bass is written sometimes. This ain't no history of her life, no social analysis or whatever. You just get the right notes and voicings which gives you insight in the way she builds her solo's! This is the sort of stuff jazz-pianists need to learn to gain insight and experience in improvisational playing. The wonderfull tunes which come out of it are addictive!

Very Best of Nina Simone (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook)
Very Best of Nina Simone (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook) by Nina Simone (Sheet music - 3 May 2007)