5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Introduction to the Clarinet
A great introduction for the clarinet, used in schools, takes the learner from the basic notes right through to complete tunes with a variety of styles. The addition of the CD means that the learner can hear exactly what the piece of music should sound like. Highly recommended.
Published on 24 July 2009 by Princess Mononoke

3.0 out of 5 stars No track numbers on the CD
I can see that this is a good starter book, the only disadvantage is that the track numbers are not given as you go through the CD. This makes it a bit more tricky playing along to the CD without either numbering the book or always starting from the beginning. Perhaps the producers of this book could add this into further editions?
Published on 24 April 2011 by fps

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Introduction to the Clarinet, 24 July 2009
Princess Mononoke (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Clarinet Basics: Pupil's Book & CD(Basics Tutor Series) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Music Teacher Recommended, 15 Dec 2009
This book was recomended by the music teacher at my daughters junior school, therefore we purchased this book to help her learn her clarinet. (We found it the cheapest on Amazon.) It seems pretty basic enough for her to understand (as the title says). My daughter whos 9 yrs old is pleased with this purchase,shes also happy with the CD thats inculded.

3.0 out of 5 stars No track numbers on the CD, 24 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner's book, 5 April 2011
This book was recommended by my daughter's clarinet teacher. It has fun pieces in it and within a week of her first lesson she was able to play tunes that she knew, fuelling her enthusiasm to continue ahead onto other pieces. I also have been able to follow the book and teach myself the basics without any lessons.

This book is ideal for anyone starting out on the clarinet and should see them to grade one and possibly a little beyond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 23 Oct 2013
This was purchased after being recommended for school, my daughter is finding it easy to use and loves the cd so she can practise better at home

4.0 out of 5 stars Clarinet Basics, 19 Aug 2013
Bought this book with the aim of teaching myself. My problem is, I can't get a note from my clarinet! Don't know if I'm not breathing correctly or what, but try as I might, no sound comes forth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 10 Jun 2014
This book was recommended by my daughter's clarinet teacher. Apparently, he swears by this! My daughter seems to enjoy it. I have to say that she listens to the CD a lot.

2.0 out of 5 stars There wasn't a CD with it, which I hadn't realised when I purchased..., 22 April 2014
... probably my fault, but I could have bought a new one, with accompanying CD, for only a few pennies more. My son says its no use without it, so I've wasted my money. Lesson is to read the fine print more clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 20 April 2014
Taking up the clarinet again after many lapsed years. This is clear and very helpful. I look forward to playing again.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good book for beginners, 8 Oct 2013
The only reason I wouldn't give this 5 stars is the Cd does not indicate where you are in the book - so is virtually useless. I wouldn't recommend buying the book with the CD - it is not necessary - just buy the book itself and save yourself a couple of pounds.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Clarinet Basics: Pupil's Book & CD(Basics Tutor Series)
Clarinet Basics: Pupil's Book & CD(Basics Tutor Series) by Paul Harris (Paperback - 1 April 2003)
8.40