Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 July 2012
I watched the last episode the BBC's Pride and Prejudice and then read this book, wonderful, it is so great to hear 'what happened next'. I loved it.
on 7 June 2013
interesting story,intertwining other Austen novels in its plot.A must read read for those who enjoy new interpretation of classic styles and stories
on 5 December 2012
I was deeply suspicious that anyone, even the renowned P.D. James should try to take on a sequel to the incomparable Pride and Prejudice but the author has achieved a superb tome written by much in the style of Jane Austin. I really enjoyed this book very much.
on 24 October 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, pd james captured all the personalities of the original book , especially Lydia..excellent read, highly recommended
on 16 October 2013
Really enjoyed this book.would recommend to all ages. P.d. James never fails to produce quality.
Must get another of her books immediately.
on 8 January 2012
Excellent pastiche with several waspish Jane Austen touches, but let down by a rather weak solution to the murder - as though the author lost her nerve (or had a deadline to meet!). Clever references to other Austen novels throughout. A good light read.
on 16 August 2013
I say I loved it but It wasn't for me. My wife loves these period whodunits. So ask her. I'm sure she did as she read it all the way to the end.
on 1 May 2013
Continues on a few years later from Pride and prejucice but with a murder. Sets the scene of the murder then moves quite slowly. Easy to read.
on 11 March 2013
a PD James mystery with the delicate language of Jane Austen,twists and turns of the modern crime novel make for a surprisingly enjoyable read
on 21 October 2013
Slow to start but worth reading - loved the last 2 parts. Definitely one to read - especially as it is about to be a drama on TV this autumn