4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book
An amazing book, full of fascinating facts.

Kindle edition is horrible. It was designed to be read on a wide-screen monitor. Text is too small, highlights and dictionary do not work.

Still, it is a very good read, although I would prefer more facts and less references, which take around half of the book.
Published 18 months ago by Nicolai Kant

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Kindle Edition
I bought the Kindle edition and it is unreadable. Always defaults to the first page, making it very difficult to progress through the book. As bookmarks are not enabled, reading the book is impossible - a waste of money.
Published 15 months ago by Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Kindle Edition, 7 Feb. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 3 Dec. 2013
An amazing book, full of fascinating facts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality QI publication, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
There are some really interesting and useful facts here, while some of them seem like they might change over time and others that you can't quite believe. For fans of the show this is a must-buy and you get the feeling a lot of research has gone into it.

To make the information a bit less random there are small linked groups where the facts segue nicely from one to the other.

However, like with the previous book, it might be a bit expensive if you are unlikely to read it more than once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Kindle compatible!, 6 Aug. 2014
Whilst this book is as informative and entertaining as the others in its genre unfortunately it was not possible to download it onto my Kindle (3G keyboard version). I did not become aware of this until after I had purchased it and found it had been downloaded onto my iPad. It's title appears among my archived items on my Kindle but an attempt to move it to my home page is met with a notice saying "Unavailable for Download. The item is not compatible with this device".
To be fair Amazon did offer to remove it and give me a refund but as the cost was so small, and I could (have!) read it on my iPad, I opted to keep it. Never the less it still seems strange to have been able to purchase a Kindle version of a book that is not compatible with a Kindle reader!

1.0 out of 5 stars "Kindle Edition" can't be read on... a Kindle, 31 Dec. 2014
Despite being called a "Kindle edition" it can't be downloaded to an actual Kindle.

A number of other reviewers have the same problem (see below) - if purchased it appears in your 'Archived Items'. Attempts to move it to the home page are met with "Unavailable for Download. This item is not compatible with this advice".

Checking it in the device management screens it seems I can only send it to an iOS or Android reading app.

Even more strange, the two other QI books I bought at the same time ("1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off" and "1,411 QI Facts To Knock You Sideways") both download to the Kindle fine, which seems to imply there's no good reason why this one shouldn't.

Didn't know it was possible to have "Kindle Editions" that weren't compatible with any kind of Kindle reader, let alone the actual reading devices themselves. I got it on a 99p deal, so not worth the trouble of returning it, but feel incompatibilities such as this should be flagged at point of sale, not after much wasted time trying to find why it hasn't turned up where expected on the Kindle.

As many of those who could read it reported the Kindle Edition was poor anyway I downloaded to my iPad to take a look. I can confirm the layout is a mess.

Avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Very interesting read for me as I enjoy knowing about these oddities, to know the derivation would ensure faith in some of these 'quotes'

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong facts, 9 Dec. 2013
Some "facts" are wrong.

It states "Schubert was a pallbearer at Mozart's funeral."

Mozart died in 1791: Schubert was not born until 1797!

1.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE ALERT : Kindle version is unreadable, 11 Jan. 2014
It is not possible to read this book on the Kindle.

I have opened it and read 10 or so pages and have then closed the book. Whenever I open the book again it has reset to the introduction.

I have then had to page forward to find the place where I stopped reading. By the time I have found the page I am too worn out to actually do any reading.

The bookmark function does not work. Sync to furthest page read does not work either.It simply takes me back to the introduction. Annotations backup is on in Kindle Settings and works for all other books.

It is not possible to highlight any passages in this book - highlighting works for all of my other Kindle books.

I have deleted and reinstalled the book. This made no difference.

This is the sort of book that I - and others too I suspect- like to dip into and read in short chunks.

The only way to read this version and not lose your place would be by reading it all in one go. That is not possible.

I have reported these faults to Amazon and am waiting to see if they can be resolved.

In the mean time I would advise all and sundry not to buy the Kindle version - it cannot be read!!

The content is fine - but go for the hard copy. You won't lose your place in that version and you'll be free to read it slowly, at your leisure!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - had not appreciated that the words "Kindle Edition" ..., 28 Dec. 2014
This item does not download to a Kindle. Unlike other books (Including 1227 QI Facts) it does not transfer in the normal way. In Manage Your Content the deliver function shows my Kindle entry is greyed out in the drop down list of my registered devices. If I try to deliver via Computer and USB it results in my apparently having "No Eligible Devices". On my Kindle it appears as an Archived Item, but any attempt to recover yields a "Unavailable to Download" message. It does however download without effort to the Kindle App on my PC.

Very disappointed - had not appreciated that the words "Kindle Edition" does not mean any Kindle!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and fascinating!, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Lots of wonderful and bizarre facts some which I will never unlearn! A great follow on from the 1227 facts book

1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop
1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop by James Harkin (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2013)