4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book
An amazing book, full of fascinating facts.

Kindle edition is horrible. It was designed to be read on a wide-screen monitor. Text is too small, highlights and dictionary do not work.

Still, it is a very good read, although I would prefer more facts and less references, which take around half of the book.
Published 7 months ago by Nicolai Kant

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Kindle Edition
I bought the Kindle edition and it is unreadable. Always defaults to the first page, making it very difficult to progress through the book. As bookmarks are not enabled, reading the book is impossible - a waste of money.
Published 5 months ago by Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 3 Dec 2013
An amazing book, full of fascinating facts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality QI publication, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
There are some really interesting and useful facts here, while some of them seem like they might change over time and others that you can't quite believe. For fans of the show this is a must-buy and you get the feeling a lot of research has gone into it.

To make the information a bit less random there are small linked groups where the facts segue nicely from one to the other.

However, like with the previous book, it might be a bit expensive if you are unlikely to read it more than once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Very interesting read for me as I enjoy knowing about these oddities, to know the derivation would ensure faith in some of these 'quotes'

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Kindle Edition, 7 Feb 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong facts, 9 Dec 2013
Some "facts" are wrong.

It states "Schubert was a pallbearer at Mozart's funeral."

Mozart died in 1791: Schubert was not born until 1797!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Sort of book to dip into - will go down well I am sure! Was on his wish list so cannot go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and fascinating!, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Lots of wonderful and bizarre facts some which I will never unlearn! A great follow on from the 1227 facts book

5.0 out of 5 stars CRIMINALLY ADICTIVE, 20 July 2014
As I've always been a big fan of the TV version of QI and an avid enthusiast of the books, it's no surprise that I wriggled with delight reading this. As always, I kept thinking "Oh, I must remember that one" and then promptly forgot it as the next fascinating snippet came along.

The percentage read figure at the bottom of the Kindle page is deceptive as , actually, the index to the book is bigger than the book itself; no, honest!

I try to ration the reading of these books out, limiting myself to a limited number of pages at each sitting but, as always, I failed this time and read this whole book in just two sittings; I just couldn't stop. If you like QI, you'll love this.

1.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE ALERT : Kindle version is unreadable, 11 Jan 2014
It is not possible to read this book on the Kindle.

I have opened it and read 10 or so pages and have then closed the book. Whenever I open the book again it has reset to the introduction.

I have then had to page forward to find the place where I stopped reading. By the time I have found the page I am too worn out to actually do any reading.

The bookmark function does not work. Sync to furthest page read does not work either.It simply takes me back to the introduction. Annotations backup is on in Kindle Settings and works for all other books.

It is not possible to highlight any passages in this book - highlighting works for all of my other Kindle books.

I have deleted and reinstalled the book. This made no difference.

This is the sort of book that I - and others too I suspect- like to dip into and read in short chunks.

The only way to read this version and not lose your place would be by reading it all in one go. That is not possible.

I have reported these faults to Amazon and am waiting to see if they can be resolved.

In the mean time I would advise all and sundry not to buy the Kindle version - it cannot be read!!

The content is fine - but go for the hard copy. You won't lose your place in that version and you'll be free to read it slowly, at your leisure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRESENT, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: 1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop (Hardcover)
Just purchased this as a present and the person I gave it to was really really thrilled with it so was really delighted with my choice of present

1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop
1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop by John Mitchinson (Hardcover - 7 Nov 2013)
5.89