5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
This was the best book I have ever read. It answered all the questions I needed to know the answers to.
Published 9 months ago by Mrs. D. Webb

3.0 out of 5 stars Goldfish Know Who I Am
This is a gift had quick look so difficult to review. I feel it is filled with useful information and fun but bit boring not enought illustration for me.
Published 7 months ago by Mrs N Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Oct 2013
Mrs. D. Webb - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand daughter gift, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Does My Goldfish Know Who I Am?: and hundreds more Big Questions from Little People answered by experts (Hardcover)
My 6 year old grand daughter had this from me and immediately laughed to find the question she always asks.
How does the Satnav lady know where we are going?
A perfect present for an inquisitive child.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 6 Nov 2013
I bought two copies of this book for two of my grandchildren. They didn't get a look in, the adults were hooked! The children have now taken charge and tell anyone who will listen some very interesting facts. My 30 yr old son now wants one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book and all for a good cause, 9 Oct 2013
B. M. Clegg "Brian Clegg" (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
What do David Attenborough, Noam Chomsky, Derren Brown, Bear Grylls, Miranda Hart and Heston Blumenthal all have in common? They've all contributed to a great little book where assorted folk give answers to questions about life, the universe and everything by young people aged 11 and under, pulled together to form a solid little hardback. And to make things even better, the profits from the book go to the NSPCC.

Opening it at random, I can discover:

What is DNA?
How come planes don't crash in the sky?
Why are bumble bees disappearing?
Why do stars twinkle
and
Who killed the last dodo?

Although the answers are phrased to be suitable for primary school children, many of the questions will entertain and test any reader. (Speaking of tests, there are some fun little quizzes towards the back.) The topics aren't all science - Miranda Hart, for instance, answers Why is it funny when someone farts? (okay, that is probably psychology, but there are also, for instance, history questions) - but science does rather dominate, which apart from anything reflects how interested young people are in science. If only we could keep that interest alive.

The only real criticism I have is the deeply unsatisfying answer to `What is the whole point of science?' given by biologist John Gurdon, whose entire reply (to a 7-year-old) is `Science makes continuous advances in the quality of life.' That's really not good enough.

It's a great project and makes a lovely present for primary age children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and fascinating for adults and children, 5 Oct 2013
We bought it for our eldest daughter, but flicking through before we gave it to her I became engrossed - what great questions children come up with ( some of them made me laugh out loud - why do butterflies fly like they don't know where they're going?). Equally fascinating is how they're answered and who they're answered by. I love that Quentin Blake was sought to answer the question "Why are Quentin Blake's drawings so messy?"
Luckily dd loves it too - has happily taken it to read in bed...

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 July 2014
fun

4.0 out of 5 stars Does my goldfish know who I am?, 17 May 2014
A hilarious book full of quizzes and questions all asked by kids. This book is funny and interesting and really clever.
Only thing was I still don't know if my goldfish knows who I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a truly family book,, 17 April 2014
This is an absolute must for children and adults alike. A well put together book of easy to ingest knowledge. It is OK to not know everything and with this book there is no longer any need to be caught out by your kids. If you read this review then take my word for it 'buy the book' Buy it as a real book it is so well presented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good conversation starter, 7 Jan 2014
The questions are ones we all think, and the answers given lead to debate when we don't agree.
A good tool for conversation

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Dec 2013
This book is excellent. I recommend to kids and adults.
Even nicer that they are helping NSPCC with donations from the income.