Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 May 2013
Am amazed this novel hasn't attracted more reviews because I found it riveting. The author, Peter Murphy, is new to me and reading this book prompted me to read his debut novel. His writing is full of original descriptions and images and the story - the unexplained suicide of 9 men who drown themselves in a river- gallops along. There's a strong cast of characters that reach out to the reader and one finds oneself getting involved with them. A truly haunting page turner.
on 14 January 2013
Having not read his previous novel, I was unsure what to expect. I was not disappointed. There are not many books that leave me when finished in awe of the writing skills of the author. I am overwhelmed with the power of the story and how as you dive into each chapter, it draws you further in to discover more about the characters who are varied and complex.
You find yourself desperate to know what will be the outcome of the main character Enoch O'Reilly, but also in contrast, not wanting the whole journey to end. Enoch's fate leads you to the end of the book and when the final page is turned you are left in a state of sheer appreciation of what you have just experienced.