5.0 out of 5 stars Start here ...
I have many poetry books, 50% classics, 50% anthologies.
Published on 12 July 2010 by Josh

3.0 out of 5 stars Not by Simon Armitage
I should probably have looked more closely at the description but I bought htis book having searched on Simon Armitage. The poems are not by him, just edited by him.
Published 17 months ago by SallyG

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here ..., 12 July 2010
I have many poetry books, 50% classics, 50% anthologies.
The anthology "Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems" is the best I have read in many a year and has revived my interest in poetry. With a brilliant introduction, the selection cuts straight to the heart of the essence of poetry. I read the anthology backwards (ie: from the shortest poem {no lines, just a title} to the longest {13 lines}) to test my attention span and also get a feel for my personal preference of an optimum length of a poem (the poems longer than 8-9 lines started to feel a bit 'padded out').
If you've never read any poetry, I recommend start here with "Short & Sweet" ... or if poetry has become mundane for you, then re-start with same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality varies, but worthwhile and convenient, 10 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
Each poem in this book is less than 13 lines long, and the smallest has no lines at all but does have a fantastic title. As a compilation, the style and tone of the poems vary considerably but many are witty and pithy. Simon Armitage's introduction is worth the price of admission alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 5 April 2013
These poems are indeed 'short and sweet' - they are a very well chosen collection of poems, leaving you able to flick through and find poems that attract you. (Because they are so short and extremely well written and resonating poems, it is actually quite addictive!) The book is small, thin and lightweight too, meaning that it is a great travel companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great! Just what you need for a quick pick-me-up., 20 July 2013
A great selection of poetry, some well know some more obscure. A little book that's worth it's weight in gold. There's things you'll read here that'll stay with you forever. Ian Hamilton Findlay's - Catch, stands out as one of the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 6 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
A collection of short poems. some are very short - 2 lines - others are longer - a whole verse. all are short and sweet. An excellent book for dipping into and worth owning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still enjoying the book. I ration myself to read a poem or so at a time, so it will last ages., 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems (Paperback)
Still enjoying the book. I ration myself to read a poem or so at a time, so it will last ages and I will carry it with me on my travels.

I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys poetry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not by Simon Armitage, 23 Dec. 2013
SallyG (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Compilation of poetry, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems (Paperback)
Bought on a whim after hearing reviews on the radio. Much enjoyed and is now on the bedside table in our spare room ready to please overnight guests. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nat, 21 Sept. 2010
Some great choices of poetry from Simon Armitage but others he lost me on! The siesta of a Hungarian snake ... not exactly Hardy but did make me laugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Variety of poems, 30 Aug. 2013
B. C. Dobson (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems (Paperback)
An interesting variety of poems. As it says 'Short and Sweet' and yet not short on content and thought. An interesting book to keep and reflect on.

Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems
Short and Sweet: 101 Very Short Poems by Simon Armitage (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2012)