5.0 out of 5 stars 'in the the time left to me....'
As a working poet ['Avebury: Rime & Time'/2011 and 'Earth, Air, Fire and Water'/2015], I buy some and read lots of others' poetry. 'Of Mutability' is a great piece of mature work by Jo Shapcott.

Nearly 20 years ago, I bought her first 'Electroplating the Baby' ( which later went 'walkabout') and loved her work in re-presenting Rilke and Herbert. It was no...
Published 6 months ago by Andrew Francis

3.0 out of 5 stars left feeling puzzled
Knowing that Jo Shapcott had won the Costa Award, I was looking forward to this poetry book. I was told that Shapcott wrote her poetry whilst dealing with cancer and that also encouraged me to read her as I too am a recent cancer sufferer.
Published on 13 Jan. 2012 by S. Seel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2014
Lovely book, quick delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars A strong collection, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Of Mutability (Paperback)
Strong and precise in its sentiment and message, there are no surprises here but it is a fantastic account of mortality and the neurosis humans feel when faced with it. Worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 9 Aug. 2013
Ms. S. J. Rolph (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Mutability (Paperback)
I was pleased with all aspects of this purchase: the product arrived promptly and was in excellent condition and met my expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars left feeling puzzled, 13 Jan. 2012
S. Seel "shirleyanne book addict" (norwich, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Mutability (Paperback)
There were one or two poems that really touched me but by and large I was disappointed with this book. Poetry is obviously not for everyone and not all poets will be feted by every reader so I must conclude that the judges of the Costa Award saw something in her poetry which I did not.

Of Mutability
Of Mutability by Jo Shapcott (Paperback - 2 Jun. 2011)