5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining
Another great book from Grace Dent. I enjoyed reading it and would definitely recommend it. A great gift for a friend.
Published 4 months ago by Nina

2.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes amusing, but largely unnecessary.
There is a passage in How To Leave Twitter etc. which talks about Grace Dent sitting with her agent trying to think of a book to write. And that, perhaps, is the problem. Dent didn't approach a publisher or literary agent with a fantastic book idea, they asked her to write something in order to cash in on her 'that woman from the telly' celebrity status and Twitter...
Published on 27 July 2011 by Lisa M. Harrison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tweeting marvellous!, 31 July 2011
G. M. Todd (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop (Paperback)
Being an avid tweeter and follower of @Gracedent I was always going to like this book. It hilarious take on twitter and the style it's written in is not only brilliant to read but also not unlike the style of writing used on twitter itself.

If you don't understand twitter or don't use twitter then lots of the jokes and text may be lost on you but I recommend you buy it as it may also give you an insight into why twitter is so brilliantly powerful and not all about Ryan Giggs or what Chris Moyels is up to!

Great read!

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried so hard to like it..., 22 Jan 2012
C. Doolan (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as I follow Dent on Twitter and read her Guardian column every week. I was so disappointed as it seemed like all Dent was doing was showing how witty she had been in past tweets. I persevered till about half way through and then decided to give up. It is a little tedious and requires a much more patient reader than myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 20 July 2011
I didn't actually follow Grace but after reading this book,she will be a definite choice to follow, I liked her insight into Twitter and I find her witty and interesting. This book won't be for everyone but I enjoyed it as a lighthearted read!

If you want to follow me, I am @sundaytwist :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Twitter Tastic!, 13 Aug 2011
I loved this book! If you are not a regular Twitter user then it will probably not mean a great deal to you. But if you are a regular Twitter addict then you will resonate with Grace's observations. I use Twitter for work and for personal stuff, like following celebrities and it's funny that the everyday person acts and behaves as though they are a celebrity when they reach a certain number of followers. I will be sharing with my Twitter Clique that they must read this book as soon as. Fab.#mustread

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›