5.0 out of 5 stars Can someone give me back my copy of the original book please, 21 April 2013
tallmanbaby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
When I was young, I had a copy of the original Book of Heroic Failures, and the hilarious stories in it proved so popular that I loaned it to someone, and they loaned it to someone else, and I never saw it again.

It was right up there with Hitchhikers Guide, as one of the funniest books I had ever read. In fact it must have been even funnier, because no one ever asked to borrow my copy of the Hitchhikers Guide.

Not sure whether I would still find the original as hilarious now, but it is very fondly remembered.

This book is a welcome return to the same formula, short articles about people failing to do things, or doing things badly. So some amusing history, some current affairs, some just daft stories. All well told. The internet is full of such stuff now, so the book did not have me chortling and telling favourite stories to anyone in the room, nor has the book been passed feverishly between people eager to share in the hilarity, but it is an amusing book to dip into. One of that rare number of books that are good for reading in the bathroom. Stephen Pile has been responsible for a great deal of laughter to the world, and buying this perfectly decent book is a small way of saying thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
very funny,easy short tales to flick through, made me and my partner chuckle out loud. will definitely give you some tales to tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book of Heroic failures, 6 Jan 2014
A. J. M. Watson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
Ever since it came out I have meant to own this book. At last! And it does not disappoint. Many of the items can be classified as worthy of "laugh out loud". It is also a nice pocket sized paperback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 April 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
I brought this for a friend and we enjoyed the funny stories, Its hard to believe that perople can be so stupid but they are

5.0 out of 5 stars An original angle, 6 April 2013
Þorsteinn Sæmundsson (Reykjavik, Iceland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
I found it very amusing. In fact, I read it twice and gave a copy to a friend of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
Very funny book. An excellent "bathroom read". It has to be read to believed! Great service and value. Will certainly use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with "The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures", 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures (Paperback)
This was an extra present for a friend for Christmas. I had heard about it when the author was being interviewed by Steve Wright on Radio 2. I have flipped through it before wrapping it, it is just what I expected and I am pleased with my purchase through Amazon.

The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures
The Ultimate Book of Heroic Failures by Stephen Pile (Paperback - 4 Oct 2012)