5.0 out of 5 stars The Gallant Forty Twa., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Black Watch (Paperback)
I've seen the play of Black Watch on DVD a few times, and adored it. It was only when I saw it live in April 2013 that I truly fell for the show - it's a masterpiece.

I bought the play as soon as I saw it live. It's a great read and I love picking it up and acting out scenes from time to time. It's brilliant to read and the hard hitting story of these young boys serving their country in Iraq is one that needs to be read.

It contains the full play, with director John Tiffany's production notes throughout, so you can get a feel for how it looked on stage. It also has all the songs which I'm constantly singing!

If you have or haven't seen it live, I urge you to get this play. It's something you'll read or see and will never ever forget. One of those things that make you proud to be Scottish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Nov 2008
Cameron Forbes (Dunfermline, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Watch (Paperback)
i went to see this at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes, it was the best production i have EVER seen...and i am a drama student. It was so masterfully written and staged. The acting was tremendous, the directing fantastic, the writing Amazing! I truly belive that The Black Watch is the first masterpeice of 21st century Theatre

5.0 out of 5 stars Script, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Black Watch (Kindle Edition)
This is the best play I have ever read and one I would recommend to others. It came in good time and was well worth ordering. Gregory Burke is an excellent playwright

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 17 Sep 2014
PatsyT (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Watch (Paperback)
Saw this several times, live, unforgettable.

Black Watch
Black Watch by Gregory Burke (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)