5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable.
Another nail biting rollercoaster ride from Alexander Gordon Smith.
This fourth installment of Alex's adventures battling Furnace brings us outside of the prison and onto the streets. Alex and his friends aren't safe yet though, as Furnace's evil is spilling out onto the streets with a vengence.
This book is exciting and face paced, as I would have expected...
Published on 3 Dec 2010 by Katey Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars Furnace Series
I read the first two books as did my 13year old son. This third book I found to be particularly violent and disturbing. Having discussed the book with my son, he has now decided not to read the third book. I do not think I will be reading the fourth and final book. Pity the first two were very good although they were a little violent.
Published on 1 Dec 2010 by karen

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable., 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
Another nail biting rollercoaster ride from Alexander Gordon Smith.
This book is exciting and face paced, as I would have expected having read the first three. The story is exhilarating and adventurous and also poignant, as Alex faces up to past relationships and builds new ones.
CANNOT WAIT for the fifth and final book.
Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for my 15 year old, 18 Nov 2013
J. Waddell "on-line shopper" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
My son is an avid reader, but very picky! He loved this book, and has now read them all in the series. I would recommend this to other 15 year old boys

5.0 out of 5 stars teen read, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
loved it !couldn't put it down and normally i hate reading.great to inspire boys to read.will def order all titles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 6 Feb 2013
Ian Robson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
A good read if you like real fiction and action. Alexander is an amazing writer for his age as you never know what is going to happen next. Be sure to read the Furnace books in order atarting at No1 Lockdown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 25 Nov 2012
Couldn't stop reading this awesome story. One of the best books I have ever read. I would recommend to any teen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
If you aren't reading this series ask yourself "what is wrong with me?" Gordon is a very bright and literal author that keeps you locked in from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping series., 9 July 2011
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives (Paperback)
I really have become a huge fan of Alexander Gordon Smith's writings. I took my time reading this books, because with the cliff hangers that Lockdown, Solitary, Death Sentence ended with I did not want to be left hanging waiting for the fifth and final book in the series. This book races from beginning to end.

Continuing directly from the end of Death Sentence this story is about what happens after the great prison break. Alex hoped they would get out and be able to let the authorities know what really was going on at the prison, children being experimented on and turned into Black Suit goons or berserker beasts. But soon they realize that Furnace turned their break to his advantage and has unleashed his whole army to burn the city down and after that the whole world. For the first time in the series Alex and his small band go their separate ways. Alex, Simon and Zee know that in order to stop Furnace they must split up so they can try and stop him in two different ways.

This is an excellent series and I know I will read anything else Smith publishes based on how good these books are. The big drawback is that the publishing of them is about 2 years behind in North America compared to the UK publishing. I know a number of readers who have ordered later book in the series from the UK rather than wait for the US editions to be released. But either way read them and find out what they say beneath heaven is hell and beneath hell is Furnace, and even after escaping from Furnace prison, Alex found himself under the influence of Alfred Furnace and his nectar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Furnace Series, 1 Dec 2010

Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives
Escape from Furnace 4: Fugitives by Alexander Gordon Smith (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)
5.45