5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest modern poety in the English Language
Purchased as yet another replacement copy-last one fell apart as usual. I carry it wherever I'm going in case I'm stuck at a station or airport and bored with or run out of energy for my current reading matter. Complex and uplifting the final words never fail to move me.
Published on 31 May 2012 by SA Brain

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right
I suppose I made the assumption that a good actor with screen presence could do justice to Eliot's great work. I was wrong. Fiennes reads this as if he is doing so for the first time, without any run through or rehearsal. It is read too slowly in some places and too quickly in others. It often lacks any emotion, especially when reading a question, of which there are a...
Published on 3 Dec 2009 by L. T. Fowler

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest modern poety in the English Language, 31 May 2012
SA Brain (London UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2010
'The Four Quartets' is often mocked by people who don't enjoy poetry as nonsense. Although it takes a greaqt deal of patience to try and understand what Eliot is saying, it is nevertheless worth reading. It was written over a lenghty time and seems to illustrate Eliot's faith and his attempt to reach some sort of understanding. It can be seen as a piece of meditation which draws both from Christian and Buddhist influences. It is not an 'easy read', but even if you don't take the trouble to try and understand what it means, it can still create a particular feeling as most good poetry does. I suppose it is sort of comparable to a Steven Berkoff play - the meaning can be a bit obscure unless you actually spend hours studying it - but it still leaves a powerful impression!

5.0 out of 5 stars To keep you thinking, 18 Mar 2013
T.S.Eliot's mind takes you around so many twists and turns so this is collection of poetry to which you have to come back time and time again. It is not a one off. I enjoy the stimulation of the words and images he uses. They may fascinate, but they never satisfy since there is always more to be discovered at every subsequent read. One can get hooked on poetry of this genre which is philosophical and metaphysical, and yet so absorbing and thought provoking..

5.0 out of 5 stars Ralph Fiennes does it well, 31 Jan 2010
Prakash Mackay "prakash" (Wailuku, Hi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Four Quartets (Audio CD)
Ralph Fiennes does a magnificent job of reading one of my all time favorite poems, The Four Quartets by T.S.Eliot. A true delight

5.0 out of 5 stars My personal challenge throughout 2012, 17 Jan 2014
So many touching words , I said to my soul be still and wait without hope for hope would be hope for the wrong thing, wait without love for love would be love for the wrong thing, yet there is faith, but the faith, the hope and the love are all in the waiting, wait without thought for you are not yet ready for thought. So the darkness will be the light, the stillness the dancing ..................karin castle.
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars The best poetry ever, 15 Aug 2013
t.s. eliot is, no doubt, the great English language poet. "The four quartets"is probably one of the bst poems of mankind. Many of its verses are today popular sayings, titles of films and books, or even themes of life for writers and common people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 19 Jun 2014
T.S. Eliot writes with such passion so excellently written and so educational. I wish I had studied this at college.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful poetry, 23 Feb 2014
This is a keeper, something to enjoy either for a few moments of reading or to while away an afternoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I prefer this to Wasteland, 6 Feb 2014
Perhaps it's a phase but I love the timely majesty of this.. I will read this again and again forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a while, 30 Jan 2014
To love poetryijs essential. To love Eliot's poetry takes time and effort, reading and re-reading. But no-one said it would be easy. The thing about Eliot is that it is SO very worth it when you get there - or when you realise the meaning is there for you to interpret in whatever way you wish to do so. Persevere and the rewards you will claim as your own.
By the way - I have not read it all yet - as I said - it takes time!

Four Quartets
Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot (Audio CD - 3 Sep 2009)
12.99