5.0 out of 5 stars Beckett is a genius - enough said
Published 18 months ago by SarahAshdown

1.0 out of 5 stars Gah
I haven't actually read this - but I saw the play last night. I was actually moved to post a review, due to how very AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL it was. Incredible. I was forced to drink too much wine and listen to my boyfriend's snores all the way through. DO NOT BUY.
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Lady Lala

5.0 out of 5 stars Beckett is a genius - enough said, 3 Jun 2013
Beckett is an undisputed genius but I never got to read him for pleasure, I only ever read him for lectures. But I think this worked in my favour. To fully appreciate Beckett (at least for you) I think several people's input and analysis is needed. Waiting For Godot is hilarious and his more revered play, but Not I and Krapp's Last Tape are genius is ore abstract ways. Not I is a tough read, but visually it is stunning. Having not been lucky enough to see the play in person I have seen a video of the event, and my god is it unnerving! The mentally unstable protagonist's mouth is the only thing visible on-stage, and it speaks at the speed of light. The written manuscript makes little sense, as does the live version. But with the live version one can gauge the more psychotic side of the piece. Oh my goodness, it is one of a kind and I highly doubt anything of such a high artistic calibre can ever be produced like that again! If you get the chance to see it live, please do, it is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery and perfect condition, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Krapp's Last Tape and Other Shorter Plays (Paperback)
As the title suggests, no problems at all here, a fine service. A complimentary bookmark to boot. Would definitely use them again, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Krapp Lasts, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Krapp's Last Tape and Other Shorter Plays (Paperback)
Faber and Faber...real one...my old...one old (pause) banana. There is no...more...no more...than...more than...no (pause) this is...this...is...is no more...more...Faber...Faber and...and...only this...this only...Faber. [Blackout]

1.0 out of 5 stars Gah, 9 Jun 2012

Krapp's Last Tape and Other Shorter Plays
Krapp's Last Tape and Other Shorter Plays by Samuel Beckett (Paperback - 21 May 2009)