‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT-GREAT-GREAT, 10 Feb 2008
E. Morris (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friendship According to Humphrey (Paperback)
Grandma bought both of the first two books for my son and, we have read them both twice... always a great read, a good chuckle but, they also deals with some growing-up issues as they go along... they have helped put things into perspective and have been an aid to life's harsh lessons - have just pre-ordered the two new titles now! Can't wait... I know these books will be re-read again soon! Who thought a hamster could be so clever and cunning? E

4.0 out of 5 stars no#1 book, 10 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Friendship According to Humphrey (Paperback)
When an unexpected guest is put in the classroom, Humphrey the hamster is feeling rather lonely and left out.The amphibian is getting all the attention.

A brilliant book for children ,full of adventure and humour I love it and its builds up suspense.It;s sure earnt a place on my book shelf.I'd give it a 10/10 for sure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phnomenial!!, 17 Nov 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Friendship According to Humphrey (Paperback)
Even though i am 11 i still really love this book, my dad reads it to me every night before i go to bed, this means that i go to bed thinking and dreaming about what will happen next. I also love it, as it is written in the genre of a diary entry and really captures the feelings of humphrey and all of his classmates. (and aldo, of course!) This is a brilliant book and i recommend it to anyone from five onwards. Get reading everyone!

Review by Chloe aged 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hamsterial Treat, 10 Oct 2008
I. O. Karlsen (London, UK) - See all my reviews
As an adult, I probably approach this from a different perspective than a child, but believe me when I say this can definitely be enjoyed by any age group.

"Friendship According to Humphrey" continues from where "The World According to Humphrey" left off, and as with any series it is very nice to re-acquaintance oneself with the characters from previously. Birney has a certain way of describing everyone which makes it easy to follow even if we're getting to know a whole class of school children.

Humphrey himself has received the perfect voice in actor/comedian Greg Proops, and is very much brought to life through this audio book. Proops has developed different voices for every character, which also makes it a lot easier to follow.

Even though this is part of a series, there is no reason why you couldn't pick this one up without having read any of the other books first. Humphrey is a very likable little hamster who loves to get new friends all the time, so I'm sure he doesn't mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsqueakably good, 9 May 2014
This is the third Humphrey book I have read and if I were Og I would like to be Humphrey's friend.

By Ruth Age 9

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 8 May 2014
Graham Kendall (UK) - See all my reviews
This book, like all the others in the Humphrey series is absolutely brilliant. My 7 year old grandaighter adores him and demands that I read a Humphrey story every time she stays with us. Some American references that may appear odd to a British child but are easily explained. Superb. I will be getting another one soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GREAT GREAT, 22 Dec 2013
THIS BOOK SHOWS THE FUNNY SIDE TO THINGS AND ALSO SHOWS THAT IT IS GOOD AND HELPFUL TO HAVE A FRIEND SOMETIMES YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION EVEN IF YOU ARE USED TO IT AS THEY SAY IT US GOOD TO HAVE A CHANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, 3 Dec 2013
It is a really good story about a hamster who has lots of educational adventures. Humphrey stories are very entertaining, even for parents. We are going to purchase another Humphrey story as our next bed time read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Friendship According to Humphrey (Paperback)
This book is a bit American but reading the entire series for a second time to my youngest son and enjoying them all over again. Children love stories about school and seeing it from a hamsters point of view makes it fun to understand. A nice mix of fantasy and reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant CD., 2 Nov 2013
Excellent CD. My daughters of 11 and 9 love it. They listen to it again and again. Humphrey is a hamster with a sense of humour. It was well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Friendship According to Humphrey
Friendship According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney (Paperback - 1 Feb 2007)
4.46