Format: Audio CDChange

on 29 October 2008
This is two flanimal books combined in one cd. Ricky gervais is fantastic. Ive listened to this a thousand times and every time I feel like my sides are gonna explode. Ricky is so negative and funny that I think this cd should be givven out to everyone so they all are a part of the glory of flanimals! I cant tell you how good this CD is it is better than the books because you get it read to by the most hilarious man alive, it is so funny that as soon as I saw I did so many chores to get the money I raised it in a day. That said you might not like it but if you dont like it your what we call boring!
on 2 September 2009
It is the best book in the world I love it so much. It is really terribly funny, really brilliant pictures, and very good writing in a funny way.
on 24 November 2004
As a man-child with seven children of my own, I seldom need to buy many new books or children's clothes, as my wife and I have acquired more than enough over the last ten years. But while on business in London I picked up this book in the airport, since I'm such a huge fan of the Office, and man was I not disappointed. I paged through it on the plane back to the states and actually laughed, which I seldom do at kids books. Not only that, my youngest loves it too... because I've seen him reading it on his own. Normally I have to do all the work.
Anyway, it's a pretty great book and the illustrations are hilarious.
0Comment86 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2009
The kids love this book. It's so simple to read and look through. They love the pictures - bright and colourful. The Flanimals are a bit gross and have an appeal to children who like things to be different. Plus there is a Flanimal version of each of us out there!
on 21 October 2004
The joy of this book is that it's different things for different people. I've already had friend's small children laughing hysterically at each Flanimal as they turn the page, but for me it's Gervais's uniquely dark sense of humour and the fantastically detailed illustrations by Rob Steen that make it a book that I'll still be pulling off the shelf and laughing at years from now. I'd love to see toys of these guys...how cool would having your very own Munge Fuddler be?
0Comment77 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2004
Never before have I read such nonsense - and laughed so hard. Gervais has daringly ventured into a base form of humour and succeeded in reducing grown men into underblenge like crying coddleflops. Never before have I so unashamedly embarassed myself in a public bookshop by crying with laughter, than when I picked up Flanimals. Brilliant
0Comment56 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2005
Oh dear.
Some of you must spend your whole day bored to death, if you must criticise Flanimals.
What would you adults know? It's not for you, it's not aimed at you, so reviewing it from the point of view of an adult is both mis-leading, rude, and pointless!
My mtoher, who works in education, introduced this book to a class of children.
They loved it, adores its beautifully drawn but gross-out pictures, loved the comedy writing of Gervais and some even tried to steal a copy.
So why does an adults opinion matter? It doesn't. So if your buying for a child, flanimals will make them endlessly happy. And that, is what's important.
0Comment40 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2007
Absolutely brilliant!!

I have been meaning to get this book for the past few years, now finally I have done! It's hysterically funny, you really need to appreciate silly slapstick humour!

Certainly not just for kids - I'm in my 20s and I can't wait to show it to my mum at the weekend, she will love it!

I'm not keen on Gervais as an actor, but as a writer he is fantastic!!

Can't wait to get all the other Flanimals books now!
on 2 February 2007
My son was always hard work when it came to reading, he's 9 and books were either too young or too old for him. Then I bought him Flanimals...I am proud to say he now spends hours sitting reading the books (I bought the other two too) and laughing to himself.

If you want your kids to develop a love of reading you've got to get a subject that appeals to them..Flanimals does this by the bucketload!
on 9 March 2009
this product is so great! i can look through it over and over again and i still laugh. theres some really funny flanimals in there. its worth buying it for the giggles. its a really neat design too.