Format: PaperbackChange

on 30 September 2011
Always a favourite from days in school studying the 'new' 20th century poetry to today as a mature Christian looking for a handle on how the world perceives man and nature without God.
on 29 June 2015
I am not sure where to begin ....I cldnt possibly describe this . If you have a soul , and you feel and bleed and weep and beauty shines to you from the beyond , then buy it .
on 22 November 2015
A hefty, comprehensive collection of all Hughes' poetry, too heavy to read easily in bed!
I need some time to read & appreciate this book.
on 17 December 2014
A great anthology of one of my favourite poets with the added value of all eleven poems from Howls and Whispers - evocative and beautiful
on 8 February 2015
Simply wonderful. A mine of joy, thoughtfulness, concern and care. I will treasure my copy, real food for the inner self.
on 23 August 2009
I always felt a little ambivalent about Ted Hughes, he was a rather gorgeous, louche individual and as a fan of Sylvia Plath I - unfairly - felt uncertain of him and his poetry.
This book is an absolute must-have, what a revelation this poetry is of thoughtful, intelligent, incisive, lyrical poetry. Poems that stop you and leave you rolling the words in your mouth as if they were chocolate. It's a wonderful anthology, I haven't read it all, like chocolate it is something I return to again and again, an unsecret delight.
on 22 August 2014
Biblical genius. In great condition.
on 3 September 2009
Just what I wanted but it is such a large volume that I will be dipping in and out rather than reading straight through. Perfect to have for reference.
11 comment1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2014
Great book and arrived on time
on 2 November 2003
Ted hughes the poet laureate until his death in 1998, is reknowned for his use of landscape and nature in poetry. It is this romanticism of nature that is so perfectly encapsulated in this book. In short, if you love Hughes and his poetry you will simply love this hardback book. No question!
0Comment18 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse