5.0 out of 5 stars my nickname is flanifan
Published on 29 Oct 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something?
I ordered this book as I love Ricky Gervais normally and had read so many great reviews singing Flanimals' praise. I also have a very childlike sense of humour and usually love kids' books so thought it would be ideal for me. It just didn't do it for me and I found myself turning the pages thinking "maybe the next one will be funny". I feel like I have failed by not...
Published on 19 Dec 2004 by christinahutchings

5.0 out of 5 stars my nickname is flanifan, 29 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This is two flanimal books combined in one cd. Ricky gervais is fantastic. Ive listened to this a thousand times and every time I feel like my sides are gonna explode. Ricky is so negative and funny that I think this cd should be givven out to everyone so they all are a part of the glory of flanimals! I cant tell you how good this CD is it is better than the books because you get it read to by the most hilarious man alive, it is so funny that as soon as I saw I did so many chores to get the money I raised it in a day. That said you might not like it but if you dont like it your what we call boring!

5.0 out of 5 stars An 8-year-old's view, 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
It is the best book in the world I love it so much. It is really terribly funny, really brilliant pictures, and very good writing in a funny way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best children's book I've ever purchased., 24 Nov 2004
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
As a man-child with seven children of my own, I seldom need to buy many new books or children's clothes, as my wife and I have acquired more than enough over the last ten years. But while on business in London I picked up this book in the airport, since I'm such a huge fan of the Office, and man was I not disappointed. I paged through it on the plane back to the states and actually laughed, which I seldom do at kids books. Not only that, my youngest loves it too... because I've seen him reading it on his own. Normally I have to do all the work.
Anyway, it's a pretty great book and the illustrations are hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flipping Flantastic!, 21 Oct 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
The joy of this book is that it's different things for different people. I've already had friend's small children laughing hysterically at each Flanimal as they turn the page, but for me it's Gervais's uniquely dark sense of humour and the fantastically detailed illustrations by Rob Steen that make it a book that I'll still be pulling off the shelf and laughing at years from now. I'd love to see toys of these guys...how cool would having your very own Munge Fuddler be?

5.0 out of 5 stars flantastic, 8 Nov 2004
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
Never before have I read such nonsense - and laughed so hard. Gervais has daringly ventured into a base form of humour and succeeded in reducing grown men into underblenge like crying coddleflops. Never before have I so unashamedly embarassed myself in a public bookshop by crying with laughter, than when I picked up Flanimals. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 16 April 2009
SlayerKat "Desperate Housewife" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
The kids love this book. It's so simple to read and look through. They love the pictures - bright and colourful. The Flanimals are a bit gross and have an appeal to children who like things to be different. Plus there is a Flanimal version of each of us out there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore any "adult" reviews, 14 Nov 2005
By A Customer
Oh dear.
Some of you must spend your whole day bored to death, if you must criticise Flanimals.
What would you adults know? It's not for you, it's not aimed at you, so reviewing it from the point of view of an adult is both mis-leading, rude, and pointless!
My mtoher, who works in education, introduced this book to a class of children.
They loved it, adores its beautifully drawn but gross-out pictures, loved the comedy writing of Gervais and some even tried to steal a copy.
So why does an adults opinion matter? It doesn't. So if your buying for a child, flanimals will make them endlessly happy. And that, is what's important.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it. amazing, 9 Mar 2009
R. J. Graham "becky_scw" (north wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
this product is so great! i can look through it over and over again and i still laugh. theres some really funny flanimals in there. its worth buying it for the giggles. its a really neat design too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly hilarious!, 26 Jan 2007
Ms. Rj Moore (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flanimals (Faber Pocket Guides) (Paperback)
Absolutely brilliant!!

I have been meaning to get this book for the past few years, now finally I have done! It's hysterically funny, you really need to appreciate silly slapstick humour!

Certainly not just for kids - I'm in my 20s and I can't wait to show it to my mum at the weekend, she will love it!

I'm not keen on Gervais as an actor, but as a writer he is fantastic!!

Can't wait to get all the other Flanimals books now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your kid reading!!, 2 Feb 2007
S. Begley "keyznsaz" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
My son was always hard work when it came to reading, he's 9 and books were either too young or too old for him. Then I bought him Flanimals...I am proud to say he now spends hours sitting reading the books (I bought the other two too) and laughing to himself.

If you want your kids to develop a love of reading you've got to get a subject that appeals to them..Flanimals does this by the bucketload!

Flanimals (Faber Pocket Guides)
Flanimals (Faber Pocket Guides) by Ricky Gervais (Paperback - 6 Oct 2005)
3.99