5.0 out of 5 stars Superb read, 7 Dec 2004
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
This is another great read in the current Golden Age of children's books. Perfect for the older reader (9-12), yet I am 40+ and enjoyed it immensely. The superb evocative jacket, illustrated by the author, hints at a Herge type of adventure, although this is not a graphic novel like Tintin, the elements of plucky children in peril, eccentric adults needing to be rescued, are here, wrapped up in writing from an author totally confident in his abilities. This would make a great present for a child from a relative not sure of reading abilities, or likes/dislikes etc, but wanting to give something the girl/boy won't have read already. Philip Reeve, with a touch of Philip Ardagh. (Note to author- more soon please)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure story, 22 Aug 2006
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
Like the other reviewer I'm mid forties, but absolutely loved this book. I found it impossible to put down. Simple, clear and desperately exciting, full of likeable goodies and nasty badies. A rip-roaring adventure - why don't people write adult books like this?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adventure, 26 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
I'm 10 (boy) and I think that this book is great for KS2/3. I've read this and 'The 7 Professors of the Far North' and they are both worth getting. I am looking forward to getting his next book. This book is a great read and I would recommend it to boys and girls who like adventure and mystery stories. Both of his books have been my two most favourite books that I have read to date. I wish there were more!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure with a capital A, 5 Aug 2009
Karen Tiley (Cambridge, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
I am currently reading this to my 8 year old (it's beyond his own reading level as yet) and he absolutely loves it. It has everything he finds entertaining - core characters he can relate to combined with excitement, mystery, fantasy machines and inventions, a touch of humour and MAPS! It's well written, but if you're going to be reading it aloud, you'll need to be prepared to try an array of accents, from Scottish to Russian. This is in the great tradition of adventure stories with a quirky edge. We'll definitely be reading more by this writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Adventure Book, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
I've read this book to my seven year old boy and we have not put the book down. It is packed with adventure and action, keeps your imagination going. Would recommend this book to anyone with 6 year+ boys or girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun adventure book, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Seven Professors of the Far North (Paperback)
I bought this book to cheer up my son, who was sick in bed with chickenpox, when he was about 12. He LOVED it. It's become a family classic: we still read it, even though he's now in his late teens, when he's feeling in need of a little snuggly escapism, or just a good, old fashioned jolly read! I highly recommend it; and it's good for boys and girls. Great to read aloud too; and to quote bits at one another! In the same genre as 'Harry and the Wrinklies' - if you haven't read that, put it on your reading list too!

The Seven Professors of the Far North
The Seven Professors of the Far North by John Fardell (Paperback - 7 Oct 2004)
5.99