5.0 out of 5 stars my nickname is flanifan
This is two flanimal books combined in one cd. Ricky gervais is fantastic. Ive listened to this a thousand times and every time I feel like my sides are gonna explode. Ricky is so negative and funny that I think this cd should be givven out to everyone so they all are a part of the glory of flanimals! I cant tell you how good this CD is it is better than the books because...
Published on 29 Oct 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something?
I ordered this book as I love Ricky Gervais normally and had read so many great reviews singing Flanimals' praise. I also have a very childlike sense of humour and usually love kids' books so thought it would be ideal for me. It just didn't do it for me and I found myself turning the pages thinking "maybe the next one will be funny". I feel like I have failed by not...
Published on 19 Dec 2004 by christinahutchings

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange - but funny!, 8 Jan 2005
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a present for someone else - but before they even got it, I had looked through it at least 5 times and my husband had too. It appealed to my sense of humour - I thought it was hysterical! Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flanimals, 25 Dec 2004
Mr E (Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
I've never read a book at a party before, but once this was opened by my nephew on Christmas day I couldn't put it down. Then everyone wanted to know what was so amusing. So started Story time in the middle of a Christmas party, any Flanimal that is born inside out and stays this way to avoid its own stink warrants a mention.....

5.0 out of 5 stars funny flanimals, 18 Oct 2006
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
i love flanimals it's fun.some adults may think it is unmature but it's not. i love flanimals it's fun and adults would like it too if they got round too reading it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
I am a fan of The Office and was expecting something funny or, at least, clever. This book falls short of both. Of course, it's meant to be a children's book, but the humour in it is more appropriate for adults.
I hope Ricky Gervais goes back to doing what he does best --- back to The Office!

1.0 out of 5 stars Expected a fun, light and clever read - not even close!, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my daughter who has become monster obsessed recently, thinking it would be a fun read. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with it.

I thought it would be a book that kids would enjoy and adults enjoy on another level. Sadly not. It is nowhere near that clever! Instead it is full of descriptions of hideous creatures that enjoy killing and eating each other - or sometimes just killing each other (or their babies!) for fun.

With so much awful violence in the world today, especially amongst children, I just don't think that these are things that should be promoted or made light of. Maybe I'm too sensitive or missing the point. But if you care about the values you give to your children, then I do not recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugly and unfunny, 30 Oct 2008
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
This is the proof that hype and media coverage can turn ANYTHING into a successful product. The text is really unfunny, the drawings are hideous. What's to like about this? Oh, right, Mr. Ricky Smug Gervais is behind it, so it must be good, right? WRONG!

Flanimals
Flanimals by Ricky Gervais (Hardcover - 7 Oct 2004)
7.22