Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 May 2009
This book is really good for a huge mixture of long and short monologues as well as a diverse range of emotions and genres. I especially liked the fact that it gives a long explanation about the play the extract is from, who first performed it, as well as when and where. The description really helps you understand the main plot of the play, how the characters relate to your character and how your character is feeling at the piece you have.
on 24 January 2011
We bought this book for our 18 year old daughter to help her with her auditions for drama school.
The monologues were great just what she needed and she has been offered two places so it really helped!!
on 1 April 2013
This is a pretty good book for any ambitious actress or anyone who needs to find a monologue. I would have like to have seen more variety and more well known plays BUT when going for an audition perhaps the less well known the better!
It also gives the reader a good insight into the play and character behind the monologue as well - useful tool !
on 20 June 2014
Book has lot's of different monologues, the only downside is that it doesn't mention character age, which makes this process of find a monologue that's suitable for you very hard.
I like the ''The Contemporary Monologue: Women'' book by Michael Earley much much better!
on 29 January 2014
Arrived promptly, bought as a present for my daughter a good book if you are studying theater, I would highly recommend.
on 4 February 2013
Even though I did find the monologue book helpful it would have been better if I could preview some of the monologues in the book as a lot of them were not British and a lot were also unknown so were not suitable for me. However, interesting book and some suitable monologues.
on 28 August 2015
Some interesting monologues but overall I didn't find it very helpful and I wanted monologues with a lot of passion in them. If that's what you're looking for then I wouldn't recommend this book.
on 19 April 2016
Just the job.
on 18 January 2014
I got this for my teen daughter in High School. I hope she will use it. The cover is very un-appetizing. The book is for adults, so no pictures or anything. But the monologues look varied and have some directorial comments beforehand to help.
on 13 September 2015