4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have some prior knowledge about physics and chemistry!,
Well, I wish I'd had Luca Turin teaching me chemistry! Here is a scientist, who is, to use that classic word generally associated with popular TV detectives 'a maverick' . He's outside the mainstream, passionate, committed, and charismatic. And a scientist. Maverick and scientist are made for the production of conflict AND excitement.

I'd concur with the...
Published on 2 Aug. 2010 by Lady Fancifull

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the description !
Although this book is well written I have to say that unless you are already in or SERIOUSLY interested in the chemistry side of scent this is not a book for you !
I could only get through a third of it and I must say that I find all the blurb about it very misleading,there is almost no content about scent,just loads of science on molecules !
VERY,VERY...
Published on 14 Jun. 2009 by Craig Purves

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Secret of Scent: Adventures in Perfume and the Science of Smell (Paperback)
A great book that was recommended. An really interesting especially if you have a passion for perfume!.
A book to get lost in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book., 13 July 2015
Need to be written with more explanation. Very nice book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the description !, 14 Jun. 2009
Craig Purves - See all my reviews
VERY,VERY DULL....If you have trouble sleeping try this,dressed up as something it certainly is NOT !!!

The Secret of Scent: Adventures in Perfume and the Science of Smell