on 27 July 2012
The two-star review must surely refer to another edition. My copy shows the same high standards of production used by Faber in others of their recent paperback poetry editions - a big advance on their quality in the 80s and 90s. Tough card covers, permanent paper, and even a sewn binding! The typeface may not be inspiring, but it is distinctively Faber, and the print is large and easy to read. As for the selection itself, I find that it captures the essence of Walter de la Mare's poetry (even if a few of my favourites are missing), and smoothly mixes the poems for adults with those for children.
on 14 November 2013
Brought back cherished memories of my favourite childhood poems. Walter de la Mare should had been appointed Children's Poet Laureate (if he wasn't)
on 12 October 2015
lovely selection of poetry
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2011
Although I hope my Mum will enjoy reading her favourite poems, the presentation of this book was extremely amateurish----the pages were like a poor photocopy. Disappointing.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse