on 11 December 2013
Incredible book
Packed full of useful tips and great information.

WAtch out - for a beginner, there aren't any explicit exercises to help you develop or self study on animation but it's a fantastic reference book, overflowing with insights that you can apply to your animations.

Recommend it millions. Have fun with it! : )
on 18 January 2005
If you are interested in animation then this is the bible! If you are new to animation it will help you learn what is needed, and if you are a veteran of animation it is excellent reference. I can't recommend this book enough!!!
VINE VOICEon 31 May 2002
As a relative newcomer to animation from a 3d design background I've found this book mind-blowing. Williams' practical direction and step-by-step explanations have rapidly furthered my skill and knowledge by several magnitudes in a tiny time period.
The only negative factor is that this large book is printed on amazingly heavy shiny paper. I'm sure my copy will eventually tear itself apart under its own weight as I risk deep vein thrombosis with it resting on my lap.
Reg Tait
on 26 January 2013
A must for all new animators everywhere this is just what you need to understand the principals, delivered in excellent condition. Very quick turn around, marvellous service
on 24 February 2013
I am very pleased with my item, there was a fast delivery service and this is a good buy as it will help me with my project in my degree course.
on 16 June 2013
bought this for my daughter studying animation. She said they use this book in the Uni, it's excellent. She also loves the writer/film maker.
on 21 May 2014
I would recommend it for you to try, especially if you are in the animation industry or in University, its very helpful indeed.
on 20 November 2001
bound to be dismissed by newcomers to animation (particularly computer generated) this is an absolutely essential read.
To put it simply - this is advice from someone with 3 oscars. How many have you got? Exactly - and until you can match, or better that achievement there is almost no way to not learn something new from this book
Every page is saturated in the distilled knowlege and accumulated expertise of decades of work. Even experienced animators will learn of forgotten techniques and theory thats bound to apply to some aspect of your work, whatever the medium.
I cant emphasise this enough - buy this book!
nuff said
on 17 October 2006
I remmber back in college where I had to take this book out and borrow it to study them at home. But then I managed to take it with me when i finished college lOl... That's because this book is sooooooo great, it covers the most importances of animation. It demonstrate the in between drawings, the movements of a character, describing the weight of an objects and how to exagerate your character. But by saying this, there is much more to this. Buy this book. This is the only book you need!
on 31 October 2010
this Book has everything i need in my animation course so it was great for me and probs for you aswell