5.0 out of 5 stars The Persistence of Memory (ie you'll remember this book!), 12 Mar 2001
This review is from: The Shameful Life of Salvador Dali (Paperback)
This is the most entertaining and erudite biography I think I have ever read. Gibson fully explores the muti-faceted life of the painter, but his main achievement is in the art of the biography as a genre, which he seems to have perfected. This long and detailed book is never dull, and makes you want to follow on to Gibson's other biographical studies. Well structured and with a lively narrative, he shows us the inside and out of Dali's personal, public and artistic lives. Nicely prodcued book too, although with someone like Dali you will always want more pictures than they could possibly fit in! Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal book for any Dali fan, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Shameful Life of Salvador Dali (Paperback)
Bought this book for my husband as he is a big Dali fan.
Has books about his work etc but not about his life,very informative & interesting.
Great book for a great price.
If buying for a Dali fan they won`t be disappointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, complete, compelling, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Shameful Life of Salvador Dali (Paperback)
I love this book, I also recommend Lorca's biography by the same author.
It's a shame that this book is not available for the Kindle. I happen to have my hard cover copy in the US so I would really love to be able to have this on my Kindle. The button to request the book for Kindle version is not even available!

If you are a Dali fan -as I am, this book is it. Gibson is a renowned hispanist and add the british novel-like narrative and sensibility that I love. Plus he didn't even like Dali to begin with, so I guess that adds to his effort of being objective -if such a thing is possible.

I highly recommend it, if you can find it!

ARRAY(0xa5f2add4)

The Shameful Life of Salvador Dali
The Shameful Life of Salvador Dali by Ian Gibson (Paperback - 20 July 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01